<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Other matches

September 6 2017 at 7:43 AM
Guest  (Login ThirdUmpire)

Perhaps not surprising we did not start the thread yesterday but in games where there was play Ben Duckett gave a timely reminder of his talent and I wonder if a div 1 county might be sniffing around to sign him. Surely Warwickshire and Surrey would be monitoring?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

Re: Other matches

September 6 2017, 4:42 PM 

Positive run glut for Yorkshire compared to everyone else today Hampshire 35/5 in reply to Surrey 200 all out

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Other matches

September 6 2017, 4:54 PM 

I see Josh Shaw on his return to Gloucestershire's first team, took 4 for 54.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2017, 6:21 PM 

Warwickshire gambling on a result wicket to help get them out the mire may have backfired. Somerset spinners doing better than the vocal Patel and local lad Singh.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 6 2017, 6:30 PM 

Can't really blame Warwickshire for preparing a result pitch. Draws are no use to them, especially against another struggling side.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Now that's bad drainage

September 7 2017, 8:38 AM 

Some disgruntlement about the drainage at Headingley on day 1.

Mark Arthur did promise that the drainage at the bottom end of the ground would be looked at during the off season.

Anyhow, spare a thought for poor old Derbyshire. No play on day 2 due to a wet outfield.

And that is the County ground and not Queens park this time.

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 7 2017, 8:47 AM 

Has a day at Trent Bridge yesterday and was impressed with the Worcestershire middle order in particular young wicket keeper Ben Cox who looks a real prospect. Ed Barnard also made a useful contribution. Perhaps Notts are still nursing a hangover from finals day.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 7 2017, 11:20 AM 

Somerset are well-placed against Warwickshire, but tomorrow's forecast may ensure the draw that would suit us best.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 8 2017, 10:31 AM 

It's raining heavily here - a stone's throw from Edgbaston - and it's due to carry on raining most of the day.
Playing the county championship largely in April and September seems to be making the outcome of the competition about as random as possibly imaginable, though this is masked slightly by the fact that Essex gained early momentum and have kept it up.
The new rules over the toss, which I expected to work to the southern counties' advantage since they generally have less rainfall and more control over pitch preparation, will also have played an interesting role, though it won't be easy to quantify amid the general randomness.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 8 2017, 11:08 AM 

worcester cruising to victory over notts if it doesnt rain. daryl mitchell 78 not out has just reached his thousand runs for the season.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 8 2017, 11:33 AM 

They may manage to get on long enough to win at some point(s), but it seems to me that Somerset have been pretty unwise here. I know we have often argued about the use of forecasting and I tend to be somewhat on the side of those who feel you should normally play the situation not the weather forecast. But with a lead like that, opposition as weak as Warwickshire recently, and as much rain around as there is, they should surely have been bowling an hour earlier.

There must be some Zummerset versions of Peter absolutely fuming.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 8 2017, 1:24 PM 

Zummerset actually enjoying some good luck. It couldn't be sunnier here now, against all forecasters' expectations.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 8 2017, 1:57 PM 

Somerset have won.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 8 2017, 2:01 PM 

Absolute deluge now, about 1.7 miles from Edgbaston. Very, very dark here when the last two Warwickshire wickets were going down.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 8 2017, 2:05 PM 

I strongly suspect Strauss involvement here.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk