<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Middlesex at Headingley (Day Three)

September 7 2017, 12:39 PM 

Not entirely on topic, but since we have the BBC commentary and the cameras, why can't we do something like this (currently showing Chris Read's final innings at Trent Bridge)?

http://live.trentbridge.co.uk/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral#stream

There was a game from somewhere early season live streamed on YouTube, without commentary.

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

September 7 2017, 1:31 PM 

Looking quite comfortable for Middlesex at the moment

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 7 2017, 1:57 PM 

Well done Egham. Class is permanent.......

Ryan unexpectedly climbs back over the hill?

Great catch by Jack by the way.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 7 2017, 2:00 PM 

Off for bad light, anyone there confirm the lights that bad ?

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 7 2017, 2:06 PM 

Well, it's as bad as it was when they came off yesterday. Thoroughly annoying.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

September 7 2017, 2:27 PM 

the club can stream the games live from headingley if there is enough interest

there is a small cost but their view at the moment is there is not enough interest so I suggest members raise this ( it was mentioned at an early season members forum) - their concern is not the cost

it could be a service available for members only but I am not too precious on that

peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 7 2017, 3:53 PM 

I for one would be happy to pay a subscription for live streaming if pf a decent quality

How many viewers do they need in order to make this happen?

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 7 2017, 3:57 PM 

Why not trial it to see how many viewers they get? Plenty of followers on twitter, on here etc who would watch. Not sure why there would need to be a cost either.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 7 2017, 4:03 PM 

Off again for bad light. I guess cant be more then a couple of hundred diehards in the ground.

I am sure it cant be too difficult to have a live stream linked in with Callys commentary.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 7 2017, 4:10 PM 

Before someone reminds those of us who had written off Ryan after the Essex game I humbly apologise. I'm not Alone but today he has shown life in the old dog yet.

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 7 2017, 4:23 PM 

No wonder why fcc is dying.

Umpires going off for bad light...may as well put a dnr sign by the turnstiles

Either last weeks test match umpires were wrong or this pair is. Last week would have played under light till 10 pm if necessary

Ps why is bressie not bowling?

fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 7 2017, 4:31 PM 

Rain now, according to Cricinfo.

-----------------------

and stumps drawn.

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Sep 7, 2017 4:50 PM

(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 7 2017, 5:06 PM 

Reference live streaming I'd certainly be interested as despite getting my 30+ days in a year it's not always possible to get to Headingley. I watched some of the Notts link earlier & it was in perfect sync with the radio commentary. With regards to only offering to members, which wouldn't effect me why not sell a season ticket for £20-30 ? Whenever I listen to Cally the listeners are from the USA, Spain, Portugal as well as the UK. It's a way of generating money whilst providing those who can't get to games a chance of watching some play. I'm sure this forum becoming a think tank & putting ideas to YCCC on how/what we think would work would generate income for the club.

As others have said once a proposal is put forward there are plenty of social media outlets to push this to a wider audience.

This message has been edited by ExiledinNotts on Sep 7, 2017 5:07 PM

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 7 2017, 5:31 PM 

Since most members are able to attend often, or it would not be worth them buying membership, I would be disappointed if such as service was brought in for members only. The club should be doing all it can to cater for all supporters.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

September 7 2017, 5:59 PM 

wondering if we could set the ball rolling with a poll on this forum

I cannot always get to headingley for work and family reasons and would appreciate this service

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

September

September 7 2017, 7:14 PM 

Well I hope we get a bit of an Indian summer for the remainder of September otherwise it's going to turn into a proper damp squib. Tomorrow doesn't look too good weather wise either.

Be nice to get on tomorrow to get two more bowling points to improve our position against Somerset, but then again if we can't it deprives Middlesex of the chance of any batting points and we can sneak above them in the table.

Doesn't look like Somerset will need very much play to wrap up a win against Warwickshire, who can plan for life in Div 2.

A positive result either way at Southampton will drag either Hants or Surrey down to our level.

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 7 2017, 7:15 PM 

Do any county clubs stream their Championship matches on a regular basis? Or is done for selected matches on an ad hoc basis?
""

(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 7 2017, 7:19 PM 

As far as I know Warwickshire & Notts do.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Rights issues

September 7 2017, 7:35 PM 

My understanding was that Sky hold the rights to all cricket controlled by the ECB.

I've obviously got it wrong but I thought that clubs could stream cricket from fixed cameras only when Sky were not showing any cricket from England.

So streaming would have been fine yesterday but because the test match started today streaming should not have been allowed.

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2014/june/trent-bridge-and-deeserve-launch-live-video-service.html

(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 7 2017, 7:48 PM 

CV

They were definitely streaming today because I watched 10 minutes of it. As I said earlier it was in synk with Radio Nottingham.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk