<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

Re: Championship | Surrey vs Yorkshire at the Oval (Day One)

September 12 2017, 3:26 PM 

Tea. The over rate is-3 despite extensive use of Rafiq. Probably all the time he spends appealing and grimacing. Hodd missed a stumping off him I think. Lots of field changes and a ball change also to blame. Stoneman lost focus, which has only brought a silky Sanggakara in. Bressy has overstepped a few times. Brooks had probably looked the pick of the bowlers: all have had Surrey playing and missing: all have had lbw shouts: none has looked dangerous on what appears to be a placid strip. Still, we are in a better place than at lunch time

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Sep 12, 2017 3:27 PM

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 12 2017, 3:30 PM 

Good little update, thanks.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 12 2017, 3:49 PM 

Over rate reset to parity during tea. Panic over.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 12 2017, 4:00 PM 

Does anyone else find it slightly ominous that Cricinfo lists only two of Yorkshire's players as batsmen: Marsh and Ballance? Bresnan is described as an allrounder, but there are conspicuous blanks against the names of Köhler-Cadmore, Leaning and Lees.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 12 2017, 4:02 PM 

I've had to bite my tongue not to give an explanation!!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 4:03 PM 

A much better afternoon, but Surrey still in a very strong position.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 12 2017, 4:27 PM 

another bowler out of action, rafiq gone in the calf.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 12 2017, 4:34 PM 

Great.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 12 2017, 4:35 PM 

If Rafiq is crocked, do we have another slow bowler to keep up the over rate (without Lyth option)? Surely the coach and captain have to gee things along between overs and not waste time unnecessarily? Good to see Bairstow and slips running to other end in test matches, so surely it can be done in CC - it shows enthusiasm rather than old men taking their time at each changeover 😊

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 4:44 PM 

Leaning bowls spin, but with the new ball due in a couple of overs time, I doubt if he will bowl today.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 4:51 PM 

He has bowled!!

One consolation for us is that we will not need a spinner in their second innings, as they will only have to bat once, so just this innings for Leaning to turn his arm over.

Heavy rain and hurricane "hope" arriving at the Oval for the next 3 days!!

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 12, 2017 5:09 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 12 2017, 5:05 PM 

Another Sangakkara ton seems inevitable - he is pure class. Somerset look like collecting at least 3 batting points and playing at Taunton, I fear that them batting first could prove to be decisive. Cricinfo site is a pain.

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 12, 2017 5:08 PM

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 12 2017, 5:30 PM 

I left at 4:30 just as Sangakkara was beginning to unleash the shots. Lovely but wish it wasn't against us. Foakes powerful, uncomplicated: a bit bemused by Rafiq before his exit. Bresnan dropped him.

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Sep 12, 2017 5:56 PM

54 off 24
(Login 54off24)

September 12 2017, 5:38 PM 

Given the fragile nature of our confidence (which I presume will be improved not one iota by the score currently being amassed), I see little for us but an innings defeat.

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong by either players standing up and being counted (not holding my breath) or hurricane Irma suddenly transplanting to South East England.

We could easily be in the relegation zone come the end of this round of matches sad.gif

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 5:39 PM 

Hopefully, we are up with the bowling rate, but it does not appear to be so, or it could be just 1 bowling point, then - 3 for a slow over rate. If we get bowled out cheaply, we could end up with less points in the Championship table than before the match started.

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 12 2017, 5:50 PM 

Leaving Coad out was a masterstroke. Without him and plunkett our attack looks toothless to say the least. All 4 of our seamers on show are sadly past their once formidable best. Barring a miracle this is goodnight Vienna

If we get relegated we only have ourselves to blame and the morons who appointed gale.

This message has been edited by FreshStart1987 on Sep 12, 2017 5:52 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 5:50 PM 

Damage limitation time now.

Lets face it, there is no way we can win this match now, so we need to get as many bonus points as we can, fight for the draw and make sure we do not get any points deducted for slow over rates.

We also need Somerset to somehow contrive to lose from the strong position they are in.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 12 2017, 5:54 PM 

Fear we will be second bottom by end of this week. We just are not good enough either with team management
or performance.

Gary Wilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 12 2017, 6:11 PM 

Quite frankly my mind boggles at some of the comments on here - i will resist using the word "moronic" because it is in my opinion offensive.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Sacre Bleu

September 12 2017, 6:18 PM 

We could have done with winning the toss.

In their position they couldn't afford to prepare a result pitch but was hoping for a couple of bowling points at least.

If it's a 600 v 600 then we just have to move on, if we let the scoreboard get to us and roll over twice then that's a different matter.

Lets wait and see what happens.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk