<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Other matches

September 12 2017 at 10:49 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Warwickshire already 2 down v Essex (1 of the lbw decisions very iffy).

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

Re: Other matches

September 12 2017, 11:00 AM 

Apparently the pitch at Uxbridge for the Middlesex game is unusable - they're beaming heat lamps at it to get it to dry out.

As was suggested by the Guardian CC blog, could they get another points deduction for this?

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 12 2017, 11:02 AM 

I assume once they've got it vaguely playable, they'll be stuck in to bat on it.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 12 2017, 12:52 PM 

Most unenjoyable ground to watch cricket at. No permanent seating. Close to a noisy road. Open and flat with few trees.

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Sep 12, 2017 1:21 PM

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 12 2017, 2:06 PM 

That's interesting. Near to a noisy road and no permanent seating (except in the pavilion) more or less describes Guildford, but it's quite a pleasant ground, especially on a sunny day. I suppose the trees make all the difference.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 12 2017, 2:45 PM 

Middlesex should be docked points for events today.... but I bet they won't be having lost a couple last week

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 12 2017, 3:19 PM 

Should be 3 matches in a row with docked point for Middlesex, but it will not be!!. The Surrey match, against us for declaring and depriving us of a point, and now today.

They will get away scott free for last week as will Essex, and probably miss any penalties this week as well.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 12 2017, 7:06 PM 

Am I right in remembering that something happened recently to Derbyshire? What was the outcome of that, was there a points deduction?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Nonsense

September 12 2017, 10:50 PM 

It would be a nonsense to dock Middlesex points because of something out of their control.

Obviously they couldn't play at Lords the day after a test match was due to finish.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 13 2017, 7:35 AM 

They have known about the test match for over a year and had every chance to ensure their outground had the facility and equipment to deal with a first class game. Why were they not made to play away from home this week like most other counties do if they host a test match?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Umpires report

September 13 2017, 8:45 AM 

If Middlesex were to be docked some points for this then they, and other counties, would need to think very hard before using outgrounds in future.

With the best will in the world the drainage on outgrounds is almost sure to be inferior to a County ground.

Been a few years now but I remember super soppers being sent over from Leeds to help dry up Scarborough to get a game on.

I'm sure Middlesex did something similar, heat lamps have been mentioned.

If the Umpires report that the ground staff did everything reasonably possible to get play on then that's the end of the matter, and rightly so.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 13 2017, 8:48 AM 

I am more sympathetic to Middx on this - and even on the crossbow affair, though I do think the outcome there was just about the right one- than I am on their cynical declaration at Headingley. Are the Club not pursuing this?

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 13 2017, 10:43 AM 

At least Somerset failed to get the fourth batting point.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 13 2017, 11:56 AM 

Lancs. struggling. Hameed's awful summer continues with a 70-minute 4.
22/2

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 13 2017, 12:05 PM 

Hameed 4 runs from 56 balls is not looking like Ashes opener. Reckon Stoneman is certainty - positive partner is needed for Cook.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 13 2017, 12:09 PM 

Agreed and with Foakes as reserve keeper now

Meanwhile play has begun at Uxbridge with Middlesex already three down but it's raining.

All three wickets for Hampshire to a kolpak from the Windies and an Aussie born in Wisconsin whilst the top four for Middlesex were born in Australia or South Africa

This message has been edited by ThirdUmpire on Sep 13, 2017 12:25 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 13 2017, 12:24 PM 

...or Foakes as keeper, with Bairstow at 5, Stokes at 6, Ali at 7 followed by Foakes, Woakes, Broad & Anderson.

Lancashire now 3 down.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 13 2017, 12:28 PM 

I am reminded of Lillee c Willey b Dilley....

Stokes c Foakes b Woakes sadly won't happen

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 13 2017, 1:25 PM 

Dan ("DH") Lawrence now batting for Essex v Bears following a typical cameo from Westley of nice drives and misses. Lawrence, at 20, with an average of 41, looks an excellent prospect and I hope he gets on the Lions tour Down Under this winter. He looks classier to me than the man he's replaced at the crease, although obviously this stands no comparison to international cricket..
Pretty impressive given that he's found time to write all those novels too.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 13 2017, 2:30 PM 

Still wet at Uxbridge and now at Taunton. Has drizzled at the Oval, but from my Westminster window, its murky and cold - but not wet yet.

Stumps drawn at Uxbridge. Such a pity. Poor Middlesex.

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Sep 13, 2017 2:41 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk