<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Champion County

September 15 2017 at 5:35 PM
Geoff B  (Login Coastalview)

Well done to Essex CCC.

I prefer a bit of Drama in these things but they've done it without getting a sweat on.

Congratulations to them and theirs and I'm sure they deserve a few enjoyable days and nights to let it all sink in.

Might I suggest a two day mini cruise to Amsterdam next weekend.

They will be in Southampton anyway so it would be foolish not to!

This message has been edited by Coastalview on Sep 15, 2017 5:38 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

Re: Champion County

September 15 2017, 6:30 PM 

Yes, congratulations to Essex (and Lancashire) following promotion to top division. Funny how things can change so quickly 😀
An impressive outcome for Silverwood and McGrath with good management re overseas players etc. Team spirit clear to see.

I think we have good chance to turn them over in the final match if we set our stall out well and give professional performance.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Unchanged

September 18 2017, 9:23 PM 

Chris Silverwood has opted not to play Alistair Cook in their game against Hampshire tomorrow.

He wants his team to go through the season unbeaten. I'd certainly like to see them get to the last game unbeaten.

Half of me applauds him, the other half thinks he is being very foolish.

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

Re: Champion County

September 18 2017, 10:07 PM 

It's all fell into place nicely for Essex

They've done fantastic to win the title but let's not forget the following

They've had cook available for most championship games

Only two players being picked for England and westley not played every 2017 test

3 kolpac players-harmer, ten doeschate and Quinn

I'm taking nothing away from Essex but we have had a horrendous year yet still had 5 players playing for England sat

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk