<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2018 memberships

September 16 2017 at 3:21 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

The same price as last year. The club are emphasising the fact that there have been no price increases for the past 4 years. That is true, but we get less cricket now for our memberships than then.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 16, 2017 3:23 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login sooty-yorkie1)

Re: 2018 memberships

September 16 2017, 3:42 PM 

I got mine through this week as well. Not sure why one of the membership levels you had to be a member last year? I think it was the balcony membership.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 16 2017, 4:49 PM 

And it could be Division 2 cricket of course.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 16 2017, 5:22 PM 

Reading the stuff they have sent out with the memberships, the new stand is to have padded seats and will be just for members and guests only.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 16 2017, 5:33 PM 

Are student memberships still ridiculous value at £25?

(Login Danum)

September 16 2017, 6:17 PM 

'And it could be Division 2 cricket of course.'

Sorry, I don't subscribe to that line of argument. To do so plays into the hands of those marketing men (all too prevalent these days sadly) who view membership as no more than a season ticket, as a commodity, with all the lack of rights that implies. If you truly want to support your club irrespective of the division we play in then pay up as a Member of it, not a season ticket holder.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 16 2017, 7:15 PM 

Well, I think I have done since 1982. And will do next year.
My point was they're trying to get in early when our fate is not yet settled.
Is that some sort of attempt to question my commitment?

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 16 2017, 7:40 PM 

They want the ticket money so offer an early bird offer. Pretty standard stuff.
Might have a stab at the club yorkshire ticket this year. Depends if I can actually make it to the cricket this year.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Decent value

September 16 2017, 8:27 PM 

Not living close to Leeds I know I don't get the full value from my membership but there's a bit more to it than that.

I did a club Yorkshire year when it first came out when I was working 6 days a week and saw very little cricket.

Found I was seeing even less because if the weather was iffy, or I couldn't manage the full day, I couldn't convince myself it was worthwhile paying to go.

Of course we are all different but it's something to consider.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 16 2017, 9:13 PM 

Best for me if I'm honest is pay on the gate. I work all sorts of shifts and I'm a couple of hours away from leeds at least. Often out of the country as well for months at a time, i think I'll have to wait until i retire and move before I could think about a proper membership.

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

September 17 2017, 12:16 PM 

Living in Notts restricts us getting the full benefits of being a member. Travelling up on Tuesday which will be my 6th day at Headingley plus I have had 6 days at Scarborough. I shall renew because I actually like the benefits of the resiprocal arrangements with other counties to we always use. In our opinion whatever the county their members always make you welcome which makes an enjoyable day out.

Otley
(Login Otley)

Re: 2018 Memberships

September 17 2017, 8:40 PM 

The reciprocal arrangements are a big draw for us. Chance to see parts of cricket history close up and usually good value food and drink. Always found opposition members most friendly and welcoming apart from a couple of the entourage of the red rose hat guy in the pavilion at Old Trafford.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk