<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Duckworth Lewis
(Login Duckworth_Lewis)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Warwickshire at Headingley (Day One)

September 19 2017, 9:30 PM 

Pleased to see the selection of Fisher vindicated. Sometimes there's no substitute for pace. I can't help feeling that (early season injuries aside) he's been held back rather this season, as the coaches have (other than Coad) remained steadfastly loyal to the 'old guard.' It would be good to see a fit Fisher being given the opportunity from the start of next season to stake his claim to a regular place in our first choice CC attack. A regular attack featuring both Fisher and Coad would certainly help re-energise a bowling unit that has looked rather jaded and tired on too many occasions this year.

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

September 20 2017, 9:46 AM 

It never ceases to amaze me that people who are not at the game can comment with such certainty on bowling changes and other tactical decisions. Opening with Brooks and Patterson after lunch seemed perfectly reasonable at the time. In the morning session Brooks's opening spell was lively and probing (more so than Coad); while Patterson had the batsmen tied down and caused problems for Bell especially. My only criticism would be that they were each given an over too many after lunch.

Fisher is rightly being handled with care at the moment. The Cricinfo report talks about this in more detail:http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8052/report/1068576/day/1/
He bowled pretty well yesterday for the most part, but was not super-quick and didn't look as threatening once the batsmen were well set.

As for the five seamers debate, yes ideally we would have played a spinner and yes we missed Rashid badly yesterday. But I'm not convinced that Rafiq or any of the other available options would have contributed much.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 20 2017, 11:11 AM 

This message has been edited by Idle_man on Sep 20, 2017 11:12 AM

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk