<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Warwickshire at Headingley (Day Two)

September 20 2017, 2:30 PM 

I was hoping to be 30 or 40 ahead before the new ball came, but that looks highly unlikely now.
Where on earth do they get these commentators from? Not so long ago, one of them was trying to discuss the relative merits (?) of Gilbert O'Sullivan and Leo Sayer. Kill me now, as they say on Big Bang Theory.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 20 2017, 2:32 PM 

Surrey are off too now, or more to the point, Somerset.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 20 2017, 2:45 PM 

Everyone bar Tom Hiddleston (sorry the nightwatchman) has got into double figures but other than lyth none have gone on to get half century.

Squeaky bum time here. I'd like a lead of 100 and some top order wickets tonight please

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 20 2017, 2:57 PM 

All this support for TKC instead of the 5th seamer, who has now got our second top score.

Good selection from Gale and company.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 20 2017, 3:08 PM 

Patel coming back on. I fear the new ball may also be to his advantage

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

September 20 2017, 3:12 PM 

Saw the morning session. Patel got some serious turn and bounce which is a worry us batting last

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

September 20 2017, 3:12 PM 

Maybe Patel is coming on for the last over or so before tea, then Warwickshire resume with pace (light permitting).

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 20 2017, 3:20 PM 

Strange episode there with Bresnan being denied four leg byes, then bowled. Commentator eventually woke up and noticed, though still sounds almost catatonic.
264 for 8 doesn't seem great, but it's worth remembering that the highest score in this round of Div 1 matches is Somerset's 269, scored at the Kia/Featherbed Oval. This feels like one of those matches where 50 would represent a substantial lead and 70+ would look like a winning situation.

Me
(Login Idle_man)

September 20 2017, 3:23 PM 

Patel bowled Tim sweeping. I fear he may have been annoyed by the previous ball when he was judged not to have played a shot and we were deprived of 4 leg byes.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 20 2017, 3:51 PM 

Well if we had a front line spinner playing, maybe 50 would be a good lead but not so sure with 5 seamers, especially if Gale and Ballance decide to start with Brooks and give the oldies preference over our young guns. We are far from being in the dominating position we should have been after the first session yesterday. However, Sangakkara is doing us a favour but not the Lankys.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 20 2017, 3:52 PM 

Well if we had a front line spinner playing, maybe 50 would be a good lead but not so sure with 5 seamers, especially if Gale and Ballance decide to start with Brooks and give the oldies preference over our young guns. We are far from being in the dominating position we should have been after the first session yesterday. However, Sangakkara is doing us a favour but not the Lankys.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 20 2017, 3:53 PM 

SORRY about duplication - please delete one!

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 20, 2017 4:07 PM

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 20 2017, 4:12 PM 

.... or 2 happy.gif

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 20 2017, 4:12 PM 

I think that's triplication, but I take the point.
Of course, if there is massive turn, that might actually bring the less good spinners into the game.
I'd rather be in our position here.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 20 2017, 4:21 PM 

Drat, my triplication did not even get us a third batting point 😀 Useful lead if we bowl well and do not give boundaries away cheaply. I hope Coad and Fisher open the bowling with new ball.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 20 2017, 4:24 PM 

Missed bonus points, lower order annoying stand, fag packet bowling order...

Not much has changed over the years has it!

(Login WhiteShamrock)

September 20 2017, 4:28 PM 

It's annoying that the cancellation of Tim's 4 leg byes ended up denying us what may yet turn out to be a crucial batting point.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 20 2017, 4:32 PM 

Brooks given new ball - two boundaries of his first over 🙁

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 20 2017, 4:49 PM 

One of them was off the edge. I'm more bothered by the number of balls they've not had to play.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Slow going from Leaning

September 20 2017, 8:37 PM 

Very frustrating today I thought. Dry, watching, and paint, come to mind. A few decent strokes but very thinly spread.

Warwickshire seem to have bowling problems but we helped them out by treating Patel with too much respect allowing him to tie up one end all day. Inevitably he will and he did get a couple of wickets.

Plenty of small partnerships but none of them reached 50 so all in all we did well to get close to 300.

Still in with a chance of a win if we can get a decent wedge of play tomorrow and Warwickshire collapse as they have been doing in their 2nd Innings all season.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk