<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
marsker
(Login marskeman)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Warwickshire at Headingley (Day Three)

September 21 2017, 5:17 PM 

the biggest disappointment to me in the post lunch session when they recovered to 219 was we leaked masses of runs through third man and never attempted to block those edged boundaries.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 21 2017, 5:17 PM 

Sorry - my fault!

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 21 2017, 5:20 PM 

Lyth gone - my biggest fear is that we will lose because of lbw decisions against us in this innings. We must NOT get bogged down in chasing this target. Just as feared - try to put shutters up and Lees gone - it is not looking good 😟

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 21, 2017 5:40 PM

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

A season defining partnersjup

September 21 2017, 5:50 PM 

Lyth and Lees both gone, means real trouble.

Braithwaite and Ballance now in. A season-saving partnership, I'd say. If either one goes before the close, the ."fat lady" will start her warmups.
""

wibseysa
(Login wibseysa)

September 21 2017, 5:51 PM 

60 plus runs were scored in the first innings down at third man just hoping it doesn't cost us.

menston yccc
(Login menstonyccc)

September 21 2017, 6:17 PM 

the fat lady begins to sing

it was a bonus we had so much play today

just a shame the team could not make use of it

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 21 2017, 6:17 PM 

Well a wicket off the last ball of the day surely will cost us. Target looks a long way away and we start at 10.30 tomorrow and could lose one or two more early on with the movement..
Oh well, second tier cricket might give us a breathing space to develop, maybe.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Orson Welles

September 21 2017, 6:21 PM 

We didn't need that last wicket, I hope they didn't pay him too much or promise him a regular gig next season.

I was sat behind a women at the last match who spent all her day reporting to her friend, sat on the other side of her husband, every time the stewards on the front of the East stand stopped and turned back a non-member.

There must be a similar group, more cricket orientated obviously, counting the runs through third man.

Jay
(Login overman8)

September 21 2017, 6:22 PM 

Now 3 down, just needed to see it out, poor really. It will be a struggle tomorrow and if we don't win this, then we deserve to go down.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 21 2017, 6:28 PM 

Didn't go today after Look Norths weather forecast when will i ever learn sad.gif, will be there until the overweight one sings tomorrow as I also hope anyone who can be to support the lads. Wonder if we will ever get an explanation from whoever made the decision re no third man a very strange tactic to say the least.

(Login swfctyke)

September 21 2017, 6:34 PM 

Game probably about 50 / 50, although looks a fairly decent morning to bat tomorrow.
If we lose this, it would just about sum the season up and we could have little complaints

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 21 2017, 6:40 PM 

50/50?

I'd say 80/20 in their favour due to our old favourite.... scoreboard pressure.

We need to win, they don't.

They have the tails up after the last session, we will be despondent.

They have a quality spinner who will tie up one end and bowl til the end of the innings. We have a batting order short on confidence and form.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 21 2017, 6:42 PM 

My bad feeling about this match isn't easing- I've not forgotten the Kent and Notts collapses from a few years ago...

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 21 2017, 6:44 PM 

It's all on GB's shoulders now. Brathwaite n lees have had 2 poor innings so I hope leaving out TKC doesn't come back to haunt us.
If we do lose this though we deserve to get relegated and I'd make em walk to Chelmsford and back. There's no way of sugar coating a pathetic season. Only coad and ballance pre July deserve a spot on the coach. It's up to the rest of the remaining batsmen to show some grit and fight tomorrow.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 21 2017, 6:46 PM 

I agree with swfctyke that this game is 50/50 now. A lot hangs on Gary Ballances shoulders.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

September 21 2017, 6:49 PM 

My policy of not looking at any scores until the close which has so far been quite successful, seems to have deserted me today. As I looked out at cloudy but precipitation free skies for much of the day I hoped that by time I checked the scores for the day my nerves would be eased. Sadly not the case.

As others have said, if we end up losing this we only have ourselves to blame and it would be just desserts for a shocking campaign.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Sep 21, 2017 6:50 PM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 21 2017, 6:50 PM 

119 runs with 7 wickets? People are seriously giving up? If the boot was on the other foot we wouldn't fancy winning as the bowling side.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 21 2017, 6:53 PM 

Frank, if TKC had played it would not have been instead of the centurion from the last match, or the newly signed overseas player. It would have been one of Bresnan, Patterson, Fisher, or Brooks. The only one of those who hasn't put in a valuable performance is possibly Brooks, though even he has had his moments.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

September 21 2017, 6:54 PM 

Breaking it down around 15 runs each or one man to get in and the others support him, with no new ball to worry about and the pitch not a horror surely this cant be beyond us, if it is my view is its all over as with Middlesex virtually out of it now we cant rely on them being at their best against Somerset next week or the unlikely event of the weather doing us a favor .

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 21 2017, 7:04 PM 

Reality is we are still favourites but i can understand the fear and panic!

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk