<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Next week

September 22 2017 at 6:05 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

7 points needed v Essex.

Siddy may be fit again, according to the report today on the OS.

Tricky selection dilemma for AG. Wo do we leave out for Siddy, if he is fit. Def not Patto, def not Fisher, Coad, Bresnan or Brooks for me. Do we need a spinner at Chelmsford? If so, which one?

Do we pick 6 batsmen by bringing KC in for another seamer, and try to ensure we get maximum batting points.

Lyth, Braithwaite, Lees, Ballance, KC, Leaning, Hodd, Fisher, Carver, Patto, Siddy.???

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 22, 2017 6:12 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: Next week

September 22 2017, 6:11 PM 

carver for brooks and tkc for leaning

...and we only need 6 points and thats only if middx get 8 points in defeat.....somehow can't see them getting 400 at taunton and losing

smootoo
(Login smootoo)

September 22 2017, 8:11 PM 

Lyth
Brathwaite
TKC
Ballance
Leaning
Hodd
Bresnan
Fisher
Patto
Coad
Siddy

Some variety with Siddy and spinning role Adam and Jack. Likely to be weather disturbed but must not playe for a draw.
Steve

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 22 2017, 8:31 PM 

That's a long tail Steve but then our tail has just won the game not the top order.

Hodd at 6 looks high and maybe we need Lees still? But he offers no bowling option either so Leaning and Lyth have to take precedence.

Of course it's at Chelmsford so Essex can prepare the track they want. With Harmer I'd be preparing a raging Bunsen knowing we are deficient in that department

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Pressure off

September 22 2017, 9:07 PM 

Only game in town for Somerset is to prepare a poor 2 day pitch, hope Middlesex put them in, and they can scramble at least 1 batting point on the way to a 20 point win.

Even if things go completely to script we only need two points realistically to be safe.

My team: Lyth, Brathwaite, TKC, Ballance, Lees, Hodd, Bresnan, Fisher, Coad, Patto, Siddy.

Bit of a trial to try Lees at 5.

I'd like to see Siddy playing rather than just being there so 5 man seam attack again, just in case he doesn't hold up.

(Login matthefish2002)

September 22 2017, 9:14 PM 

I wouldnt risk Sidebottom. If game had nothing riding on it wpuld play but too important to take gambles on his fitness.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 23 2017, 6:27 AM 

Agree with Smootoo's team if Siddy is fully fit but, if not, would include Carver. Would like to see Coad and Fisher given chance with new ball. Sadly, Lees is bereft of confidence and fitness for CC whereas Leaning is doing OK and K-C should play. I am not convinced about Brathwaite having seen him several times in Barbados but as we signed him, he does need to play next week. Now Essex are champions, I think we have good chance of beating them if our team approaches the game in right frame of mind.

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 23 2017, 9:50 AM 

In fairness to Lees, he has been looking very good in the last 2 matches.

A century at the oval followed, i know by 2 relatively low scores against warwicks, but he did receive some excellent deliveries that any batsman would have struggled to survive, before that looked good.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 23 2017, 9:51 AM 

If a century two games ago doesn't help confidence then I'm not sure what will

peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

siddy

September 23 2017, 2:39 PM 

bringing siddy into the side is only a sentimental gesture the last game he could play, he has not been fit all season so why play him now .

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Sentimental

September 24 2017, 8:49 AM 

I do agree if Sidebottom is unfit then obviously he doesn't play, however.

This great game of ours depends not just on the winning and losing. It's about pride, character, teamwork, friendships and whole list of stirring words it's too early in the morning for me to come up with.

A win would be a win, put in the records and move on.

A win with Siddy playing his last game would give you reason to look back at it in future with fondness and remember being there.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk