<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Brian
(Login NewBrian)

Re: England Ashes team for Brisbane

September 25 2017, 1:12 PM 

Re Vince, I understand the selectors' interest in him. He's always looked class when I've seen him play - but then gets out.It's the second bit that's the problem. I wouldn't pick him personally until he shows consistency.

(Login AndyNowhere)

September 25 2017, 6:39 PM 

Okay, so I am going to swim against the tide (it'll never happen)

Cook
Robson
Stoneman
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Ali
Wood
Woakes
Plunkett
Anderson

I want my openers to take the shine off the ball even if they don't score a bundle allowing the middle order to go crazy. (my other option was getting Banger in for a final hurrah).

And I chose our quickest bowlers to make the most of conditions...

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

September 25 2017, 7:55 PM 

Must admit be quite happy with that

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 26 2017, 8:11 AM 

The squad players are more of a debate than the 11.

Back up keeper? Butler as his face fits or Foakes as the heir apparent and form horse? I'd take Foakes.

Second spinner? Crane, Rashid, Leach or Dawson? Rashid every day for me but Crane looks to be favoured.

Reserve opener and middle order batsman? Depends who you want in starting 11 but it's a lottery at the moment with Jennings Hameed Stoneman Westley Vince Malan Ballance Hales and Browne all being talked up. I'd have Stoneman Hales and Malan in the team with Ballance and Vince as back up.

And then the seamers. Last time we picked beanpole giants and it didn't work. Broad Anderson and Woakes are shoe ins and I'd have Wood and Overton assuming TRJ injured. But plenty of others like Ball plunkett porter finn to think about

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 26 2017, 9:38 AM 

Buttler should be nowhere near the squad, he's never been a particularly good red ball players and has barely played any red ball cricket all year. Foakes looks a better batsman and a better keeper.

Reserve spinner is tricky. They might like the look of Crane, but if Moeen gets injured on the morning of a Test match is he really the man you want to come in? He didn't even get picked for his county last week. Rashid, Dawson or even Samit Patel probably more solid choices; let Crane actually get some matches in for the Lions.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk