<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

Re: Championship | Essex vs Yorkshire at Chelmsford (Day One)

September 25 2017, 10:21 AM 

Half an hour delay according to BBC site.,,,,o

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 25 2017, 10:49 AM 

No toss. We're bowling

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Least we put this 5 seamer stuff to bed. Would have preferred an extra batsman though. As well as Fisher and Patterson did that looks a mighty long tail.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

Steve Patterson down at Number 7............on my eyes!!

Me4791
(Login Me4791)

September 25 2017, 11:00 AM 

Can't remember a batting tail that long with Patterson at 7 even though he has just batted brilliantly!

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 25 2017, 11:01 AM 

No K-C but Lees included and no Bresnan but Brooks keeps his place? Agree with inclusion of left arm spinner against r- handers. Brooks given new ball rather than Fisher - 10 off his first over .....

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Sep 25, 2017 11:06 AM

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2017, 11:11 AM 

Sorry - I may have missed something - is Sid injured....?

Cant believe we wont see him bowling for Yorkshire again.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2017, 11:22 AM 

Sid is still injured. We have a mighty long tail, and we may need maximum batting points. I know Bresnan has not been batting well this season but I still would have played him instead of Brooks.

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 25 2017, 11:33 AM 

Very surprised at the side picked. Unless we get early wickets this will be a long 4 days with a very brittle looking batting lineup

Agree totally that fisher and coad should both of got the new ball.

This message has been edited by FreshStart1987 on Sep 25, 2017 11:49 AM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 25 2017, 11:35 AM 

Totally agree Stu unless Bresnan is unfit? He was starting to show some form in last match and Brooks has started as usual conceding boundaries with regularity. Have we got third man today? We seem unwilling to give Fisher chance with new ball.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 25 2017, 11:41 AM 

Bres might have wanted a rest for the last game of the season 👀

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 25 2017, 11:48 AM 

You have a good memory!

I thought the ECB had allowed Cook to play in this game but Essex have confidently left him out as they did last week. SurelynStrauss should have insisted he plays to get some Ashes practice or maybe Strauss has glanced at the teamshert sbd seen a Cook at number 11 for Essex and mistaken Sam for Alistair.

Could we not have said we would pick Alistair Cook instead in view of our light batting and sorted out a one game Loan deal?

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Just literally seen the team after reading a few snippets on here. Lord A Mercy!! You've got a number 8 at 6, a number 9 at 7! Has TKC upset somebody? Bizarre tactics by the chuckle brothers

Martin
(Login Martin00)

Seem to recall in our last game of the season, there was some debate about our batting depth with Bresnan at 5, but in that game we had Willey at 7 and Rafiq at 8. This is a significantly weaker batting line up than that.

Bresnan must be injured because it would surely be an unnecessary gamble to leave him out to accommodate Carver. The only other option would have been to play three seamers and a spinner or four seamers and no spinnner. Look like Ballance was keen to have five bowlers at his disposal but blimey the batting line up looks weak.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 25 2017, 11:56 AM 

Ideally you'd have someone like Will Rhodes at 7...............when I say someone like I mean Will Rhodes but it appears Gale doesn't rate him.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 25 2017, 11:57 AM 

Whoever wrote the article on website this morning was not giving anything away on team fitness or selection. What is going on?

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 25 2017, 12:04 PM 

Surely Bresnan must be injured?? I know Patto and Fisher got runs last time but 7 and 8 are far too high for them, especially against this bowling attack! I think we're gambling on skittling them today, which isn't happening so far (and as we saw last week doesn't guarantee a win against Essex anyway!)

This message has been edited by _JG_ on Sep 25, 2017 12:05 PM

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 25 2017, 12:05 PM 

Somerset getting off to a good start. I'd rather Middlesex go down so hopefully they'll end up with zero bowling points.

How good a batsman are we expecting Fisher to be? I've seen very little of him but clearly they think he's more capeable than Coad, Carver, Brooks but ideally we still wouldn't have him batting that far up. If he became a bowler who bats a bit instead of a real tail-ender that would be useful.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 25 2017, 12:07 PM 

If you don't agree with team selection that's fine . I don't either as it so happens . But please stop the silly name calling . It's tiresome.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 25 2017, 12:15 PM 

Well if Bresnan has been left out, it surely puts to bed the idea we hear about on here about the cosy closed shop operated by Gale. Gale leaving out his own brother in law? Who would have thought it!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk