<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login Fozzie1973)

Re: Championship | Essex vs Yorkshire at Chelmsford (Day One)

September 25 2017, 12:18 PM 

Does anyone have any logic why this team has been picked? a game we only need to draw we have gone in with a tail that starts at 7

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 25 2017, 12:27 PM 

Well Gary, a bit of basic communication with members and supporters would not go amiss surely? After all, this is rather important match!

Me4791
(Login Me4791)

September 25 2017, 12:39 PM 

Ironic yesterday watching England, whose number eleven was Adil Rashid with ten first class centuries. Today Patterson is at 7!! Incidently Englands 9,10,11 was Plunkett, Willey, Rashid.

Re Fishers batting I have noticed that this season he has been batting towards the top of the order when playing in quite a few games for the Academy. Obviously has some talent in that area.

Shandy
(Login Shandy4)

September 25 2017, 12:54 PM 

1 point down 5 to go!!!!!

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 25 2017, 12:55 PM 

Coad making a good bid for a Lions tour.

Peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 25 2017, 12:56 PM 

our bottom order has consistently outscored are top order, so have no problems with a long tail, will probably get us from 50-4 to 300 all out.

In the meantime, 4 wickets in the morning session is just what the doctor ordered.

middx now have to score at least 200 and more probably 300 to have any chance of catching us if losing their game.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 25 2017, 12:59 PM 

80-5, I call that a good morning after a loose start.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2017, 1:00 PM 

Wow - what a collapse..!!
Five down now.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 25 2017, 1:01 PM 

Excellent morning - not that you'd know it reading certain posts on here!

Eddie Kaye
(Login YorkshireBluNose2)

Points make prizes

September 25 2017, 1:04 PM 

2 points in the bag, am I right we only need 7 points if Somerset win? My maths let me down so badly. I am not counting chickens, this lot won after following on last week, just hoping the boys do what needs to be done.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 25 2017, 1:04 PM 

Jack Brooks.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2017, 1:06 PM 

Very good start. Well done.

In the first CC game of the season (Hamps at home) we picked a bowler the captain wasn't prepared to bowl, Josh Shaw. In the final game we've probably done the same with Karl Carver. Cant help but think Bres, Waite or TKC would have been better options. The batting looks frighteningly brittle.

I can only assume Bres is injured.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Essex vs Yorkshire at Chelmsford (Day one)

September 25 2017, 1:07 PM 

Fisher has been a handy batsman in his youth (sic). As a boy he scored runs against men in league cricket. I also once saw him score a century for Yorkshire boys against London boys, even though he was the youngest player on the field. When he came off, he was full of self recrimination for what he considered a poor innings because it was short of boundaries !

This message has been edited by JollyD on Sep 25, 2017 1:14 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 25 2017, 1:10 PM 

Agree, Seadog, an excellent morning.

Just a word of caution though, we still have to bat and I am concerned by our long "tail", but maybe Fisher is the "new" Bresnan for next season. He certainly batted very well in both innings v Warwickshire and next season could well make the nr 7 slot his own.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 25, 2017 1:13 PM

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

September 25 2017, 1:16 PM 

Essex have been a bit up and down with their batting recently, haven't they? But they too can wag the tail. Still, a fine start for us. Tomorrow might be a better batting day too.

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

September 25 2017, 1:22 PM 

Thanks JollyD, that's good to know. I notice that Fisher's List A batting average is a healthy 38.66 from 10 innings, though that does include 7 not outs!

Another question for you: does Fisher generally open the bowling in 2nd eleven / youth cricket?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 25 2017, 1:27 PM 

Alibor , agree sir 100% . The communication this morning was awful , i too was looking for the team . But do some people really have to resort to name calling like in the school yard.

I am sure you have noticed i do not always agree with you , or you with me . But we do each other the common courtesy of respectfully disagreeing and do not resort to name calling.

I only ask that the same courtesies be accorded the staff and players of what is , after all , the greatest club on the planet .

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Sep 25, 2017 1:28 PM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 25 2017, 1:34 PM 

A good morning for us which is pleasing.

But we had the same last week on the first morning so please can we follow with a good afternoon too

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

September 25 2017, 1:36 PM 

Well said Gary

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

September 25 2017, 1:56 PM 

We need only six points to be safe.

And that's if Middlesex get 8 while being beaten -- highly unlikely.

If Middlesex are beaten with 6 points (i.e. score 349 or less, and max bowling points), we only need four points. We will have won more games than them, while being level on points.

If Middx beaten with 5, we need three
If ditto with 4, we need two ... i.e we would be safe with the next Essex wicket we get.

The point is that if Middlesex are NOT beaten, Somerset go down, and it doesn't matter how many points Middlesex get.

I want to go to Taunton again next year, so I'm hoping Somerset win, and that we get these modest points.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 56 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk