(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: Other matches

September 28 2017, 5:03 PM 

8 new ball overs to run through em..

Tyke83
(Login Tyke83)

September 28 2017, 5:04 PM 

If Hampshire draw, I don't think that this is the last that we have heard about the Middlesex points deduction.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 28 2017, 5:07 PM 

Hants will just argue they would have gone for the win..

Or back to 9 team division next season?!

Yeah ignore that Hants be 5th.

This message has been edited by Dwight_Schrute on Sep 28, 2017 5:08 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 28 2017, 5:08 PM 

IF Middlesex do appeal again and get the 2 points back, then Somerset will go down. Surely not!!

There is a rumour going around from a few journalists (maybe speculation) that 2019 will see a switch with 10 in Divison One and 8 in Division Two, with a fixture switch as well (i.e play every team twice in Div 2, play some teams once and others twice in Division One). Still 14 fixtures for all teams.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 28, 2017 5:11 PM

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 28 2017, 5:25 PM 

Whatever. It justifies the yorkshire selection in our last game, to stack the side with bowlers.

An extra batsman would be unlikely to have gained us a batting point (111 all out remember), whereas our real danger of relegation was in failing to collect our 3 bowling points.

(Login dpressed)

September 28 2017, 5:26 PM 

The other week Middlesex declared on 8 wickets down. We all know it was to stop the opposition getting the 3rd batting point. So in my opinion they get all they deserve.

Ps I was even happy that L*ncs won for the same reason

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Middlesex are down.

September 28 2017, 5:44 PM 

This season has really shown how every point matters.

Middlesex may have been unlucky with the points they lost for a slow over rate at Surrey, but they have flirted with it for the last couple of seasons.

Gary Wilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 28 2017, 5:45 PM 

Middlesex down . Cheered me up no end.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

September 28 2017, 5:52 PM 

Dewsburian - I work in publishing and would move heaven and earth to get that into print 😉

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

September 28 2017, 5:59 PM 

Shall I send you a synopsis and sample chapter?

EC Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 28 2017, 7:00 PM 

Work a mile away from Edgbaston so went to watch last 90 mins. A few scares, but Berg and Holland batted very well. Good application and technique in the main. Middlesex being relegated is good with me.

< Previous Page 13 4 5 6 7 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk