<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Eddie Kaye
(Login YorkshireBluNose2)

Great escape

September 26 2017, 1:56 PM 

Does Middlesex being AO without a batting point make us safe?

If Middlesex pull it round and win, Somerset go down.
If it is a draw, Somerset go down.
If Somerset win, Middlesex take the drop.

Hampshire would have to mess up big time at Edgbaston to even be worried, so I have not factored them in.

I am not clairvoyant, but I do not foresee a staged finish this year happy.gif

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: Championship | Essex vs Yorkshire at Chelmsford (Day Two)

September 26 2017, 2:02 PM 

If you register on the Essex website there's a live stream on the game. Apologies if this is old news. Linked up to the commentary as well.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

September 26 2017, 2:07 PM 

Atleast Fisher has some stickability.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

September 26 2017, 2:08 PM 

is anyone in the country batting well in the last week in september? it seems to be a massive achievement to get to 200. having said that we cant get to 100.

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

September 26 2017, 2:08 PM 

Very much a case of men vs boys, I'm afraid.

Now about our "batting."

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

September 26 2017, 2:10 PM 

I wonder what we would have scored if Essex hadn't cheated and pressured the umpires to change a perfectly decent ball.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 26 2017, 2:12 PM 

Looking on the bright side, we have scored a ton and easily avoided the follow on 😀

Jay
(Login overman8)

September 26 2017, 2:15 PM 

Probably about the same Gavin give or take a single or two, it's not the batting that's an issue, we just need our attack to keep pulling even more rabbits out of the hat.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

September 26 2017, 2:16 PM 

I am sorry Gavin, but this kind of comment would be relevant if a collapse to 99-9 was a rarity. There always seems to be people on here willing to provide excuses for yet another collapse. Or 'whataboutery' is tried - e.g. no-one is scoring well in the CC at the moment, not just us.

We have a batting problem. Period.

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

September 26 2017, 2:19 PM 

Agree that we have a batting problem. And a bowling problem. But I don't think we have a wicket-keeping problem - or if we do, it's way down the list of priorities!

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 26 2017, 2:22 PM 

We are kidding ourselves if we think that an extra batsman would have made the difference in this game. Seems unlikely. However, I would like to hear the rationale for the selection we made. It seems masochistic to have such a long batting tail. We look unlikely to get the six points we might have needed had other results gone the wrong way, and I just dont understand how it was felt that the side selected gave us the best chance of getting three batting points, when we have struggled many times to do this during the season with a storonger line up - let along against the champions

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 26 2017, 2:30 PM 

Well put Martin.

The logical thing to do, when you want as many batting points as you can possibly get, is to strenghten the batting. We did the opposite. It a good job the other sides in contention for the relegation slots, cocked up big time, or we would have been down.

Jay
(Login overman8)

September 26 2017, 2:34 PM 

Collectively our top and middle order have contributed the sum of 81 (Ballance was unfortunate) runs between them, a theme that's been apparent for a few seasons now. I'm not sure how many more imaginative excuses are left to defend such ineptitude.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 26 2017, 2:42 PM 

Go on Brooksy

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 26 2017, 2:44 PM 

I think we can safely say, this match is not going to be a draw.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

September 26 2017, 3:00 PM 

How come everyone in the First Division is struggling to get to 200, or even 100. But Div 2 are racking up 300+ all over the place, with Sussex over 500? Are they in a different country? Do they play with tennis balls?

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 26 2017, 3:05 PM 

I think the answer is that Essex have a good bowling attack and we have a pathetic batting line up.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 26 2017, 3:15 PM 

Although in this game, both sides top six have been ordinary

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 26 2017, 3:24 PM 

Lees
Lyth
Ballance
Leaning
TKC
Brook

We have the makings of a good batting line up there. They're certainly not players I want to be jettisoning so soon. I've previously mentioned on this forum that we should look at Matt Renshaw, I've not changed my opinion on that, although 4 left handers at the top of the order might be overkill.

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 26 2017, 3:24 PM 

all this talk about batting frailities, and yet we finish a mere 4 batting points fewer than the runaway champions...lets keep this in perspective please.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 67 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk