<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Hales & Stokes: Sowing their wild oats!

October 28 2017, 5:46 PM 

"The Sun has exclusively said that 2 gay guys have said Stokes was defending them after homophobic remarks & threats to their well being. Where have they been all this time."

Defending them, by walking towards a guy and laying into him with three or four punches, as is clearly seen on the video??

(Login matthefish2002)

October 30 2017, 10:24 AM 

Wonder why it has took over a month for the two blokes to come forward and say Stokes was defending their honour.
Also shouldn't they keep their mouths shut altogether if there is an ongoing police investigation?

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

October 30 2017, 1:34 PM 

The 'defending gays' angle was reported at the time of the incident. Whether it can be used by Stokes in his defence would depend on the willingness of the two (alleged) victims to give evidence, and witnesses too, which is why these things all take so long, I suppose.

Our 'adversarial' system of justice has its flaws, from all angles. But Stokes seems to have been found guilty by the ECB kangaroo court before he has even been charged.

Or has he been charged? And if he isn't, or if he's found not guilty, will he have a case against the ECB?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 30 2017, 2:11 PM 

Why would he have a case against the ECB?

He is a centrally contracted player, so does he get his salary whether he plays or not?.

This message has been edited by StuartRA from IP address 79.69.151.206 on Oct 30, 2017 3:53 PM

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

October 30 2017, 3:48 PM 

I presume an element of that salary is based on games played, though perhaps it's not. New Balance have certainly withdrawn their bat sponsorship because of his non-selection and, therefore, non-exposure to TV cameras.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

November 21 2017, 10:04 AM 

Just heard from a reliable source that there will be no charges against Stoke but he will receive a 2 game ban

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

November 21 2017, 10:23 AM 

Good news. England have already played two f-c games out there, the 1st Test will be a 3rd, so get him out there for my entertainment at Adelaide.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

November 21 2017, 10:45 AM 

Interesting that Stokes has re-emerged on Twitter.

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

November 21 2017, 2:31 PM 

Sorry was om my mobile phone earlier when I posted. This is what my source said.

Heard tonight he will not be charged but will be given a 2 match ban by the ECB so will be available for the 3rd Test. He will play for the Lions in a warm up game between the 2nd & 3rd Tests.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

Stokes : Breaking rumour

November 27 2017, 9:59 PM 

Well, it's being reported (unconfirmed) that Stokes has flown out of Heathrow on his way to... New Zealand apparently. I can only hope he's not being met and nutted by JB if he does end up in Oz. If he's left the country does that mean he's been given the all-clear by PC Plod?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-5122763/Ben-Stokes-appears-depart-New-Zealand.html.

This message has been edited by NewBrian from IP address 87.113.130.254 on Nov 27, 2017 10:05 PM

Neil
(Login BCTyke)

November 28 2017, 3:42 PM 

This I don't get.

If Stokes can leave UK, and can play as a professional cricketer, why is he not in Oz with England squad ?

Something very odd here.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

November 28 2017, 4:02 PM 

Yes, I agree.
This is an interesting interpretation

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/28/england-ben-stokes-ashes-not-charged-cricket-new-zealand

It may add weight to the post above from Phil suggesting he was not going to be charged and might be available later in the series.

This message has been edited by NewBrian from IP address 87.113.130.254 on Nov 28, 2017 4:50 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Close, but not too close

November 29 2017, 9:45 AM 

Presume the Avon and Somerset police are dotting the i's and crossing the t's but that Stokes's legal team and the ECB have been given the all clear that he will not be charged so is free to travel.

Timing might not be right for the third test, especially with the injured hand and of course an ECB punishment beating, sorry, I mean 2 or 3 match ban to come.

New Zealand is close enough to get fit and get some matches in, but far enough away to keep most of the Aussie and England press pack at a safe distance.

This should allow the 2nd and 3rd tests to take place without yet another unwelcome distraction.

If England are still in with a shout of the Ashes come the 4th test would expect Stokes to be in Oz and in contention for his place back.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

November 29 2017, 10:40 AM 

Lots of tittle tattle suggests that he wont be charged, but if you haven't been charged then presumably you are allowed to leave the country? On what basis could the police insist on anything else?

He is going to NZ, in part to visit family (maybe relatives who didn't come to his wedding?) and he is going to play some cricket too. If a charge came through, he would presumably return to the UK at that point.

It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get charged, but I'm not sure that his trip overseas necessarily tells us much.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

File Passed to CPS

November 29 2017, 3:25 PM 

So too early to say "no charge"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42171706

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk