<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Hales & Stokes: Sowing their wild oats!

September 26 2017 at 1:15 PM
Guest  (Login EastYorkshireTyke)

not playing in the 4th ODI tomorrow..........interesting story developing.

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Sep 26, 2017 11:23 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
JG
(Login _JG_)

Re: Hales & Stokes

September 26 2017, 1:24 PM 

Yep, Stokes arrested in Bristol in the early hours of Monday morning, Hales 'helping police with their investigations'.

What a tit Stokes can be...

Eddie Kaye
(Login YorkshireBluNose2)

September 26 2017, 1:46 PM 

I would not want to comment sub judice, but this could be a bit of a game changer for the Ashes!

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 26 2017, 2:11 PM 

what are they meant to have done?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 26 2017, 2:40 PM 

No idea, but Stokes was retained overnight according to the BBC report, so nothing trivial.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Sep 26, 2017 2:40 PM

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 26 2017, 2:58 PM 

Key sentences from the police statement:

"We were called to a disorder in Queens Road, Clifton, at around 2.35am on Monday [25 September].

"A 27-year-old man was found to have suffered facial injuries and was taken to the Bristol Royal Infirmary for treatment.

"A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm and has since been released under investigation.

(Stokes assumed to be the 26 year old in question)

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 26 2017, 3:42 PM 

I think Marlon Samuels is a tad older than 26 so I'm assuming he wasn't present

Idiots the pair of them. Strip him of the vice captaincy and give it to Anderson now

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 26 2017, 11:13 PM 

I wonder how close Hales was to making the squad before this incident. I suspect it cost him his place..

(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Hales & Stokes: Sowing their wild oats!

September 27 2017, 7:07 AM 

I'm not sure there is any evidence or suspicion that Hales did anything wrong other than being out with a man who was arrested. He hadn't been arrested and went back voluntarily presumably to defend Stokes.

Elsewhere I have heard unofficial rumours that Stokes may actually have been acting in self defence so let's not jump to conclusions.

Whether it's appropriate for internationals to be in night clubs at 2.30am is a separate issue and reaction may deo he on whether it breaches any curfew on the team

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 27 2017, 7:55 AM 

Apparently no curfew so certainly not clear that that Hales has done anything he shouldn't have.

Reports that Stokes was out til 3AM during the Old Trafford Test, which certainly does not seem like the professional preparation you would want from your vice captain...

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 27 2017, 8:06 AM 

I notice the title of this thread has been changed by the moderators, now correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought "sowing their wild oats" had an entirely different meaning to getting into a fight?!?!?

Also, from what I've read Hales hasn't done anything wrong, not sure his Ashes selection was hindered by his association in this episode.

JG
(Login _JG_)

September 27 2017, 8:08 AM 

Haha I thought that too EYT...

ed the fed
(Login edthefed)

September 27 2017, 8:30 AM 

Whilst i cant condone criminal behaviour i do find it refreshing that we have some characters in the England team...look back over the years at how many top players in many sports, were not the fittest,didnt have the best diet, liked a beer, or smoked, etc....yet they could play !

September 27 2017, 8:50 AM 

Agreed, look at Sir Garfield Sobers, the greatest all round cricketer who ever lived............rarely was he in bed before 2am!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Hales &amp; Stokes: Sowing their wild oats!

September 27 2017, 9:12 AM 

Denis Compton was fond of a night out!

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 27 2017, 9:16 AM 

It takes 2 to get involved in a fight.

If Stokes cannot be trusted to go clubbing without getting involved in a fight then he should not be playing for England, let alone be vice captain.

Players are role models and are well paid.

I know if I were good enough to play for my country in any sport whatsoever, I would happily stay away from trouble and be an ambassodor for my country.

shame on Stokes, if he is charged he should not be going to australia representing his country.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 27 2017, 9:22 AM 

Don't have an issue with Stokes going out between matches but til 3am during Old Trafford test ain't exactly smart.

September 27 2017, 9:24 AM 

It takes 2 to get involved in a fight.

If Stokes cannot be trusted to go clubbing without getting involved in a fight then he should not be playing for England, let alone be vice captain."

Out of interest does the same apply to Joe Root?

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 27 2017, 9:52 AM 

If Stokes was sowing his wild oats, I wonder if this will affect his wedding planned in a couple of weeks time !?

(Login matthefish2002)

September 27 2017, 10:22 AM 

Think its good for young blokes to let off steam every now and then.
You get the impression telling Stokes he has to be home by 11am every night would send him mad.
But time for a blow out would be end of the ODI series not 2 days before a sell out game.
I would be surprised though if it was not a case of acting in self defence.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk