<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Championship | Essex vs Yorkshire at Chelmsford (Day Three)

September 27 2017, 3:23 PM 

Gale & Moxon should go, but the fact that we have not got relegated, will mean they will probably get 1 more year, that neither of them really deserve. Then we will be in exactly the same position next year at this time, as we are now.

Dean
(Login Yorkyspur78)

September 27 2017, 3:24 PM 

Sadly exiled in Mott's you have summed things up perfectly

WRF
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Time for a change

September 27 2017, 3:25 PM 

Sorry but no management/coaching team should survive a season and a season ending like this.

This is most obviously a time for a complete re-think.

Hopefully Gale and Moxon will do the right thing.
""

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Sep 27, 2017 3:28 PM

Jay
(Login overman8)

September 27 2017, 3:26 PM 

Perhaps Kevin, Yorkshire should consider signing Braun Strowman to keep wicket next season.

(Login Danum)

September 27 2017, 3:26 PM 

The one good thing about this innings is that it will soon bring down the curtain on this god-awful season. I haven't felt so despairing of Yorkshire cricket for many years. I agree with the view that fresh management is needed to reinvigorate the playing staff. The reality is, the ones we've got are the ones we've got so we need to get the best from them.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 27 2017, 3:27 PM 

Not sure anyone on here has actually said "batting is not a problem" have they?

Jay
(Login overman8)

September 27 2017, 3:28 PM 

Voice of reason, well said Alex.

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

September 27 2017, 3:28 PM 

>> Not sure anyone on here has actually said "batting is not a problem" have they?

One person said it, several days ago, and we've never heard the ****ing end of it!

theboyem
(Login theboyem)

September 27 2017, 3:30 PM 

Is anybody actually surprised at another top order meltdown? The decline has been going on for two years and changes have to be made, quite simply it isn't good enough. If that is due to lack of ability then change the personnel but bar maybe a couple of exceptions my own opinion is i think the players are good enough so for me it is a case of the mentality being the problem. And in that case then it's time for a change in the off-field leadership and go in a different direction, preferably someone with no club ties.

35/6 now, it is beyond embarrassing. Something has to change.

(Login rognumber)

September 27 2017, 3:30 PM 

left the worst performance to the last ... think we should 'volunteer' to join Warwickshire .
Disgraceful !

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 27 2017, 3:31 PM 

Jay, we already have our monster among men.. Andrew Gale haha

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 27 2017, 3:32 PM 

We will be lucky to get 51, never mind 451. This is humiliating and if it's going to be repeated next season, I would rather we had been relegated to a league where we can compete. I know we are safe, it's the last game and the target is unattainable, but this is pathetic and woeful.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

From todays YP

".....Only Lyth, Ballance and Hodd reached double figures as Yorkshire fell two runs short of their previous lowest completed first innings total this season – 113 against Essex at Scarborough.

Indeed, Yorkshire’s three lowest completed Championship scores this summer have all come against Essex, who also ejected them for 150 in the second innings at North Marine Road......"

We are going to make it the "4 lowest scores this season", all against Essex.

The largest ever defeat for Yorkshire is 324 runs in 1994. Our lowest score ever v Essex is 31 at home and 98 away.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Relax Paul, your Sam Cook shout is looking pretty shrewd!

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 27 2017, 3:33 PM 

That's what I meant Paul - it is only one person. I think we are all in basic agreement. There is a problem! The scoreboard tells us that if nothing else!

(Login Blackpooltyke)

September 27 2017, 3:33 PM 

The one good thing about this innings is that it will soon bring down the curtain on this god-awful season. I haven't felt so despairing of Yorkshire cricket for many years. I agree with the view that fresh management is needed to reinvigorate the playing staff. The reality is, the ones we've got are the ones we've got so we need to get the best from them.

God-awful season?

we will probably finish this season 4th, that means there are 3 teams that have done better and 14 teams that have failed to achieve our standards?

We do not have a god given right to win the cc every year, there are 14 other teams who would love to be in our position.....mid table in the top division is no bad thing.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

September 27 2017, 3:34 PM 

Martin are you on the wind up? Haha

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

September 27 2017, 3:35 PM 

Decided against making the trip to Chelmsford. Primarily, so i could see Cas tomorrow night.Looks like i could have done both but to be honest i'm glad i didnt go. I feel for the many that will have travelled and thank God that i wont be seeing any of them until April next year.
Another dire performance I'm afraid.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 27 2017, 3:37 PM 

Absolute disgrace - top six in batting order, scored 30 between them with none getting into double figures. A total shambles.

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 27 2017, 3:38 PM 

Embarrassing, disgraceful, disgusting the list goes on...

I'm often very forthright with my views on what I think is needed and often patronised and belittled in the process but everybody seems to be coming to their own conclusion that mirrors my thoughts

Agree with above comments both have to do the honourable thing now. It's gone beyond transitional and is at disastrous. Defeats are begrudgingly accepted but capitulation like what has become the norm this year is appalling and unacceptable

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 57 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk