<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Lions Squad

October 6 2017, 8:43 AM 

Understandable with Fisher, given his injury record, but Coad? Very short sighted decision if true.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

October 6 2017, 10:50 AM 

Think its worth remember that this leg of the lions tour is in large part practice in the sun. Not a great deal of competitive cricket. It may be that Coad has grade cricket lined up which may benefit him more. I think Fisher is rightly being treated with cotton wool

JG
(Login _JG_)

October 6 2017, 11:44 AM 

Maybe Yorkshire don't trust the England coaches after some bowlers' previous experiences? Although Silverwood is the bowling coach on this Lions trip, and he doesn't strike me as the sort to interfere with someone's technique.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

October 6 2017, 8:59 PM 

If it is true that Yorkshire CC requested a Winter off for young Coad, it is totally ridiculous. He is a very promising prospect and needs to develop his skills in all conditions and not wrapped in cotton wool with the County. FIsher may need some rest be he also needs to develop and he cannot do that without match practice, albeit not too excessive. Who is making these decisions?

JG
(Login _JG_)

October 7 2017, 1:01 PM 

Denison's tweet linked here:https://twitter.com/SteveJDenison/status/914837919814356992

Presumably it would have been Moxon/ Gale's decision, I'm sure the players will have been consulted though.

(Login ibby3)

October 8 2017, 7:43 AM 

I wasn't surprised Ben Coad didn't get a tour, he's had a brilliant year that surely he couldn't even have dreamed of. As far as I am aware he wasn't on England's radar before the season, as others have pointed out he struggles to bowl it at 80mph at the moment, so needs to find a yard to get to the next level in my opinion.

I think we can sometimes get a bit excited by our youngsters, hopefully 2nd season syndrome doesn't happen and he can back this year up in 2018.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk