<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

close season

October 9 2017 at 5:40 PM
martin  (Login schoolgrove)

It's that time of year again. I can taste the air. Clocks go back.

Fresh postings on WRF become infrequent. Usually I just accept this because the fixture list is only 7 weeks or so from release and I'm itching to fill in next year's diary from early April to late September. When I've done this I can already hear, in my head, the metallic clank an buzz of the turnstile on my first morning at Headingley, wi a bag full o samosas fot lads. Dunt quite feel the same this year. The problems at Yorkshire CCC are well covered by other posters, but, feeling a bit negative, I fear that next season could be more of the same - good players under performing, lack of leadership and lack of direction. Might even not renew my membership, but will probably change my mind about third week in March. Got Ashes tests to look forad to in Brisbane and Adelaide this autumn, but that just int quite the same.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who have posted on WRF this year. Your informed and insightful comments show great understanding of Yorkshire cricket and cricket in general. Someone used the word 'moron' a few weeks ago. It's worth occasionally looking at the comments section on the BBC cricket website. Now there you'll see some really moronic comments! Cheers folks, have a safe winter, and see what April brings for us.

Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk