<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Wisden

October 12 2017 at 8:11 AM
sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

A couple of heads up for fellow posters:

I've just brought a copy of the 2017 Wisden Almanack for £10 from the Book People. Obviously buying it when released in the Spring is better, but I didn't and you cant be done for a tenner.

Wisden Nightwatchman Autumn 2017. The current edition is a tribute to TMS currently celebrating its 60th anniversary. I realise TMS gets some criticism on here but I'm a fan and literally all my life have loved listening to it. This publication is a collection of essays paying tribute to the programme and its contributors. Two I enjoyed with Yorkshire relevance were Chris Walters writing about FST and Ian McMillan telling the tale of working in a local factory whilst a student in 1977 and desperately trying to convince his colleagues to return the radio so he could here Geoff heading towards his 100th hundred. Well worth £10.

Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk