<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Steve Denison doing Q&A on Twitter

October 17 2017 at 12:53 PM
David  (Login dikaiopolis)

You can tweet your questions with hashtag #AskDenison, or search for that to see previous questions

Not a great deal of meat in his answers (I suppose you can't say much in 140 characters) - his most unequivocal reply was his view on the pedestrianisation of Norwich!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login matthefish2002)

Re: Steve Denison doing Q&A on Twitter

October 17 2017, 3:42 PM 

Was very interesting to see his answer to weather Yorkshire will ever play in Sheffield again. Said it was something the club were looking into in the medium term.
I expect it wont come to much but would really, really love to see Yorkshire play cricket once more in Sheffield. A glimmer of hope although I do understand the reasons why only Headingley and Scarborough are used at the moment.

Always thought if I ever won the lottery I would underwrite upgrading facilities in Sheffield (Abbeydale Park I guess the most obvious location) so Yorkshire could play 1 match there a season.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

October 17 2017, 4:20 PM 

I see any ideas about Kolpaks were put to bed..

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

October 17 2017, 4:24 PM 

Dwight, no kolpak will play for us with Gale in charge. Remember his comments to Ashwell Prince during the roses match.

This message has been edited by kevinowens on Oct 17, 2017 4:29 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

October 17 2017, 4:31 PM 

Playing at Sheffield may be nearer than we think.

I believe in 2020 when the new T20 comp starts, the 50 over matches will have to be played away from Headingley. Also the year of the next WC (not sure if 2019 or 2020), Headingley will be staging some matches and CC matches will also have to be played at other grounds. Bradford has been mentioned and, of course, Scarborough is a possibility, but in addition maybe Sheffield as well.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Oct 17, 2017 4:49 PM

(Login KennyShovel)

Re: Steve Denison doing Q&amp;A on Twitter

October 17 2017, 6:26 PM 

ignore, may have misread intent of previous comment

This message has been edited by KennyShovel on Oct 17, 2017 6:28 PM

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Steve Denison doing Q & A on twitter

October 17 2017, 8:12 PM 

There is no chance of a County Championship game at Sheffield in 2019. The quality of the playing area is not up to ECB required standards, nor, for that matter, are the players' and spectators' facilities. Bradford is a more realistic occasional alternative, though there remains the significant problem of vandalism to parked vehicles.
Venues for T20 games may be even more problematic given the size of crowds. Scarborough could just about do for the less attractive fixtures, but does not have floodlights or access for TV cameras.

(Login swfctyke)

October 18 2017, 3:26 PM 

I'd be very surprised to see cricket back in Sheffield in my lifetime.

The close season is about saying everyone people want to hear, across the board.

It's a bit like a job interview, when you hear what a wonderful company they are.

(Login matthefish2002)

October 18 2017, 3:42 PM 

I have to agree that we are very unlikely to see Yorkshire play any cricket in Sheffield for the next 15-20 years but not impossible from the twitter Q&A with the chairmen. Most likely thing would be a few 2nd XI games and T20 warm up friendlies.
Bradford you feel is a lot more likely then Sheffield to see any play.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk