<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Silverwood for England

October 31 2017 at 4:20 PM
CaravanShaker  (Login CaravanShaker)

Chris Silverwood appears to have replaced Otis Gibson as the England fast bowling coach:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/31/chris-silverwood-england-fast-bowling-coach

Apparently he's probably going to join up with England after the 2nd test. Hopefully this will go better than last time he was called up for the 3rd Ashes test:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/15278/scorecard/64011/Australia-vs-England-3rd-Test-the-ashes/

I suppose that even with other distractions, this tour can't be as disastrous as that one. Can it?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Silverwood for England

October 31 2017, 6:40 PM 

Congratulations to him. I'm delighted for him as he seemed to be a big influence on Essex success this season and their development of seamers like Porter must be partly due to him.

Leaves Mags exposed at Essex - does he step up to head coach or leave if the new man doesn't want him?

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

October 31 2017, 7:12 PM 

Well done Sivers.

I selfishly hope the new man doesn't want Mags and he can come home!

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Shame for Essex

October 31 2017, 7:53 PM 

Difficult to turn these offers down I suppose and Gibson's move to SA head coach show how high profile the job is.

I'd like to have seen how he coped with another, possibly more difficult, season in Div 1.

That might have been a more challenging role in building his overall coaching CV.

Good luck to him, always nice to see the good guys get the chances.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

November 1 2017, 12:21 AM 

Always nice to see a Yorkshireman in the England set up. When you add him to Farbrace (honoury Yorkie) we now seem to have a strong hold in the coaching and players.

I sense either he or Farbrace may be Baylisses long term successor.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

November 1 2017, 1:21 AM 

As Essex did their lap of honour after beating us at Chelmsford, the (very loud) guy on the tannoy thanked Silverwood and invited England to stay away, hands off our coach!

Brilliant, but in vain. You can't imagine Yorkshire ever doing anything so un-PC; one of the reasons I like Essex.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk