Re: Announcement...

November 3 2017, 11:38 AM 

The fixtures?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 3 2017, 1:17 PM 

Far to early for the fixtures!! In a normal season it is the end of November before they are out, with the Middlesex affair we will do well to have them by Christmas.😊

(Login KennyShovel)

November 3 2017, 1:32 PM 

2018 kit? Last season's was unveiled on Nov 14th.

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

November 3 2017, 1:58 PM 

Stu - "In a normal season it is the end of November before they are out, with the Middlesex affair we will do well to have them by Christmas."

They came out in mid-November several times in the first decade of the 2000s.

When the Middlesex thing was ongoing a poster on their forum stated that a draft fixture list had been put together anyway, presumably that draft being with the situation as it was at the season's end - so it shouldn't cause any delay.

Surely someone at the club has an idea? All the clubs are always very coy about this even though they must have to deal with mails and calls from people wanting an answer all the time.

WR_Metcalfe
(Login WR_Metcalfe)

November 3 2017, 1:58 PM 

Looks like kit to me. If we can avoid black, gold and purple I'll be happy. Yorkshire's colours are light blue, dark blue and yellow.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 3 2017, 3:37 PM 

The fixtures were out 24/11 last year, so doubt if they will be any earlier this year with the 3 week delay due to the Middlesex affair. Hope I am wrong though, as punters need to get their holidays booked and B&B/Hotels booked and sorted asap.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Nov 3, 2017 3:38 PM

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

November 3 2017, 3:47 PM 

I agree, Stu.

I know a Scarborough guest house owner who ranted to me about the Scarborough fixtures.

Not only did they used to come out earlier, but he knew anyway which weeks in the year they would take place.

Anyway, it's clear this announcement isn't fixtures.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

November 3 2017, 4:52 PM 

Gale sacked hopefully haha.

Big Rich.
(Login Newyorkie)

November 3 2017, 5:59 PM 

My guess is that the announcement is about our overseas player for next season and that it will be someone who has played for us before.

(Login ElTwis)

November 3 2017, 6:37 PM 

I think it'll be the kit launch realistically...although logic would suggest that if they have a decent overseas player lined up then announcing him at the same time would boost shirt and ticket sales (especially t20 season tickets) ahead of Xmas

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Kit

November 3 2017, 10:46 PM 

As the tweet or whatever it is features only the Vikings and has a quite prominent Puma logo it can't be anything other than the new white ball kit.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

November 4 2017, 9:15 AM 

Maybe just to confirm we will be sleeping during the Winter months or that we are not going to sign Chanderpaul or anyone else.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 4 2017, 6:16 PM 

Shows how short of news we are, that the club make an announcement about when a future announcement is to be made, and we have 12 postings about it!!😊

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

November 5 2017, 10:29 AM 

Yes, what is this trend for announcing that there's going to be an annoucement? Why not just make the announcement? It baffles me. Our groping and grasping politicians started it, I think.
In this spirit I can reveal that I am going to make a posting here at 10 am tomorrow.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

November 5 2017, 10:37 AM 

Thanks Brian, I’ve made a note of that in the diary.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 5 2017, 2:32 PM 

"I’ve made a note of that in the diary"

Did you make a note to make a note in your diary Idle Man or did you just make a note straight into your diary?

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

November 5 2017, 2:37 PM 

Just a note in the diary, but I’ve sent myself a text which says ‘see diary’

(Login ThirdUmpire)

November 5 2017, 2:47 PM 

It's following a theme of firstly, news, then the trendy "fake news" and now the eagerly awaited "imminent news" all to fill column inches when there is no "real news"

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 5 2017, 3:53 PM 

wink.gif The best way, belt and braces, Idle Man.

We now await Brian's 10.00am announcement with bated breath

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk