<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BPL

November 4 2017 at 2:28 PM
twenty2guns  (Login twenty2guns)

For those with access to Sky TV the BPL can be viewed on Channel 424, keep up to date with Punkett, Lyth and Rashid.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: BPL

November 4 2017, 3:51 PM 

We have Virgin TV & they have it on their scheduling sadly. Anywhere I can watch it online ?

(Login ExiledinNotts)

November 4 2017, 3:51 PM 

We have Virgin TV & they have it on their scheduling sadly. Anywhere I can watch it online ?

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

BPL

November 4 2017, 4:09 PM 

Lyth out first ball, second ball of innings, typical Lyth shot really.

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

BPL

November 4 2017, 4:12 PM 

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

November 4 2017, 4:35 PM 

What are their teams called so we can look out for their matches without having to sit through the whole thing?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 4 2017, 6:01 PM 

For those that can not get it, you are not missing much. Poor quality picture and twenty minutes of ads every 1/2 hour.

Rashid plays for Dhaka Dynamites.

Plunkett plays for Sylet Sixers.

Lyth plays for Rangpur Riders.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Nov 4, 2017 6:10 PM

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

BPL

November 4 2017, 7:31 PM 

+1 for the comment about the ads, they succeed in making a format built for speed and action, very , very slow!

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

November 6 2017, 10:10 AM 

I've just watched the last half hour of Sylhet Sixers winning against the team Jos Buttler plays for. Exciting finish, and some good cricket, particularly the bowling of Rashid Khan who (I would suggest) is in a class of his own as a world-class spinner. Plunkett took a wicket and scored 1 not out, Ross Whiteley also in the team, but was out of his depth against the leg-spinner.

I found it quite enjoyable to watch, without the hectoring commentary of the IPL. Much more restrained and analytical in approach, here. I think it's the commentary, more than the cricket, that makes me despise the Indian league.

Rashid Khan (if we can afford him, and if he would come) would be my absolute number 1 choice for overseas pro, especially July & August for the T20, and September for the run-in to the Championship.

CaravanShaker
(Login CaravanShaker)

November 6 2017, 1:22 PM 

I think Rashid would be an excellent choice - if only for the confusion with names. It would also, I reckon, be very good for Afghan cricket to have their players playing FC cricket in England.

As an aside, is he the oldest-looking teenager ever?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/afghanistan/content/player/793463.html

Martin
(Login Martin00)

November 6 2017, 3:57 PM 

Do we have a slot for him? It would be a gamble to throw him into a four day game given that he has so little first class cricket under his belt.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

November 6 2017, 4:23 PM 

I don't see the logic in signing Rashid Khan when he has little experience in playing outside the subcontinent. Not to mention Yorkshire already have unrivalled domestic spinners in Rashid and Rafiq, Carver as back up plus Logan and Shutt if needs be.

A batsman and batsman-keeper is what Yorkshire really need for the T20 Blast.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 6 2017, 4:44 PM 

Pyrah --- "Not to mention Yorkshire already have unrivalled domestic spinners in Rashid and Rafiq, Carver as back up plus Logan and Shutt if needs be."

"Unrivalled domestic spinners" ---- In the CC, our Rashid will miss 1/2 the season away with England, and Rafiq an "unrivalled spinner" (5 wickets at 78.60)? We are ok for the T20 but DM was suggesting Rashid for the CC.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Nov 6, 2017 5:29 PM

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

November 6 2017, 5:50 PM 

Presuming Adil Rashid does not get an IPL contract or get a test call up, he will be available for most of the County Championship season. Missing most of June and half of July for England's white ball internationals against Australia and India. Whenever Karl Carver does get a bowl, his record in red ball cricket is proven and needs encouraging further instead of signing a luxury player.

I would prefer for Yorkshire to address the long term batting issue and avoid a potential scenario of starting the 2018 County Championship season with just four recognised senior batsmen.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

November 6 2017, 5:54 PM 

We've got batsmen and seam bowlers coming out of our ears. We desperately, DESPERATELY need a top spinner, to supplement Adil when he's available, to replace him when he's not. I would prefer an orthodox spinner, given how well Leach and Harmer did, for example, but I'm struggling to think of one good enough to make a difference.

I think we can accept that Rafiq's expertise does not extend to f-c cricket; Carver perhaps, Logan perhaps, Shutt perhaps - but not yet as match-winners, Championship-winners. Rashid Khan could be, and he plies his T20 skills round the world, no fancy tricks, just fiercely spun leg-breaks and googlies landing on a length ball after ball. Where's the risk?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Risk

November 6 2017, 9:08 PM 

The risk is we continue the habit of getting bowled out cheaply and don't give Rashid, or Rashid Khan or any other demon bowler you care to sign anything to bowl at.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

November 6 2017, 11:23 PM 

Dave Morton ranking Rashid Khan as the World's premier spinner based on white ball performances alone. Must be a closet t20 fan afterall, good man.
He would indeed be a superb signing. Obviously a different ball game in CC with the batsmen not having to take risks. But suspect he would do well, especially against the dreadful standard of playing spin in our domestic game.

Geoff makes a fair point though, all well and good saying we have lots of batsmen, but let's not go back to pretending there isn't an issue with their performances.

Martin
(Login Martin00)

November 7 2017, 4:31 PM 

Rashid would be fine for our our T20 side as long as we are prepared to play three spinners. Adil is one of the best short form spinners in the world and Rafiq did well last year - so in this form at least our spin departments looks OK.

In the longer form of the game, I'm not sure that we would really want to commit to our only overseas being a 19 year old leg spinner who has played a handful of first class games and never in the UK. It seems to me to be a huge risk - and surely we need to be targeting a batsman for next year?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Watched some today

November 7 2017, 5:53 PM 

Didn't watch much but quite enjoyed it.

Looks like good crowds and a decent atmosphere with a good number of English players involved.

3 wickets for Liam Plunkett, was hoping he would be withdrawn to join up with England but no such luck.

Hope the knock out phase is still available on Channel 424.

This message has been edited by Coastalview on Nov 7, 2017 5:53 PM

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

BPL

November 11 2017, 12:39 PM 

I see Tim Bresnan has joined the ranks of Yorkshire players in the BPL.

Another failure for Adam earlier today.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk