<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

Re: My least favourite cricketer

November 21 2017, 2:22 PM 

"By the way, am I the only member to have lost the 'return to index' facility? And if I am, how have I achieved this, and what can I do to undo it?"

You are not on your own Idle man. No idea what I have done or need to do.

Obnoxious cricketers, As a player,Ian Botham when off the pitch.Even his Somerset colleagues struggled to find a good word for him

(Login dikaiopolis)

November 21 2017, 3:16 PM 

Sourav Ganguly was immensely unpopular in the Lancashire dressing room; once when he made a century he turned to the balcony to be greeted by silence and wall of backs as everyone faced the other way.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

November 21 2017, 3:42 PM 

"By the way, am I the only member to have lost the 'return to index' facility? And if I am, how have I achieved this, and what can I do to undo it?"

No it's the same for me rather annoying. By the way I found the opening post very funny & an excellent read.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

November 21 2017, 3:51 PM 

I actually think Jack Brooks is an arrogant person. He fields down at fine leg a lot in cc games. Very rarely interacts with the home crowd.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

November 21 2017, 5:07 PM 

...and is the 'scoring disabled' thing that has just appeared intended as a comment on our batting last season?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 21 2017, 5:11 PM 

Just wanted to try out the scoring system Brian.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Bearing a grudge

November 21 2017, 5:28 PM 

Lots of reasons not to like somebody it seems.

Can I recommend that those snubbed for an autograph or still raging after a single incidence of rudeness by a player move on. We are all human for heavens sake.

Jay
(Login overman8)

November 21 2017, 11:39 PM 

For me it most definitely has to be Kholi, everything about him, reminds me of a real spoilt whinging brat.

Jay
(Login overman8)

November 21 2017, 11:44 PM 

That should be Kohli! I see the forum police are out again, goodness allow others to epxress an opinion, regardless of how unpopular it may seem.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

November 22 2017, 7:05 AM 

How it works is, I express an opinion, and then other people express theirs. They may say I'm talking -----. That doesn't make them 'forum police'.

Jay
(Login overman8)

November 22 2017, 8:32 AM 

That's interesting idleman, I guess some folk feel stifled or even cautious about expressing an opinion on here. There's been a pattern over the years of a herd mentality. However that's just an opinion.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

November 22 2017, 8:59 AM 

I get that Jay. I suppose there is a bit of a 'herd mentality', but the herd is defined by the fact that we're Yorkshire supporters. Some of us watch them quite a lot. If our focus has been on the Championship, this team has given us the best time for half a century. That doesn't make us uncritical, far from it, but it does give us a sense of loyalty and even gratitude to this particular group of players - and management. Perhaps that makes us a bit protective. For instance let's take Andrew Gale. I think he was a moderate to good batsman who made the most of his abilities and was well worth his place most of the time. I also think he was our best captain for a very long time. I know there are arguments that that is a bit, or more than a bit generous, particularly towards the end. I also think it was a bit of a rash punt to promote him to coach. What I strongly disagree with him is anyone denigrating his whole-hearted commitment to the team.

There are one or two posters where the majority of what they post is negative. That's their right, but I wonder in what sense they support Yorkshire. It interested me that there were a substantial number of negative posters (references to 'Planet Moxon', etc.) who just disappeared from about 2013. As we finished 2nd, 1st, 1st, 3rd, they had nothing further to say. Now that I found weird.

And by the way, I write as a Championship follower. Of course I'd love us to win a white ball trophy, but I get to hardly any games, and to me the CC is the big one. I do recognise that if your thing is t20, the last few years have had a very different feel, and posts from them show a lot of understandable frustration. One or two don't have much to say beyond 'we're crap and I'm angry', however.

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

November 22 2017, 9:12 AM 

Great cricketer though he was KP drove me nuts with his constant moaning

(Login ThirdUmpire)

November 24 2017, 6:43 PM 

Anyone want to add Nathan Lyon to this list?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

November 24 2017, 8:11 PM 

Are you trying to 'end careers' 3rdUmp?

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

November 26 2017, 11:00 PM 

"Anyone want to add Nathan Lyon to this list?"

No, but i'll mention Peter Handscomb for his cheap sledges at his county team-mate.

Disgraceful, backstabbing behaviour and more so when Bancroft himself has dismissed the so called "head butt" scenario as a non-event.

Wouldn't it be poetic for Liam Plunkett to come in mid-series to pepper Handscomb and end his international career through being dismissed cheaply.

(Login Bennyfishel)

December 8 2017, 6:35 AM 

I don't often forward e-mails on this forum but I feel in this occasion I must answer one of Idlemans rubbish mails.How on earth can ANY Yorkshireman condemn Brian Close?????? he would have died for his county and was one of brainiest captains we ever had, I could enjoy watching every aspect of his game,even his close to wicket fielding was a joy to behold and the bruises he carried during his illustrious career would put every other player to shame. to idleman all I can say is you obviously don't understand the finer aspects of the game of cricket

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

December 8 2017, 8:11 AM 

Benny, that was a sarcastic response to the suggestion of Andrew Gale, which is why the second sentence said 'Championship winning captains, don't you just hate them?'. Sorry if that was not obvious. I thought Close (as were Wilson and Burnet) was a suitably stupid similar suggestion. Closey was actually my boyhood hero, even ahead of Fred.

Any other 'rubbish mails' you'd like explaining?

This message has been edited by Idle_man from IP address 82.69.51.91 on Dec 8, 2017 8:12 AM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

It's only words

December 8 2017, 9:09 AM 

Quite easy often to be in a sarcastic mood in your own mind and for it not to translate fully onto the page.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have another font available that you could easily switch to indicate you were being playful.

It would be refreshing if everyone said what they meant and meant what they said although that might be a trifle bland for some.

Dennis Hartley
(Login Bennyfishel)

My least favorite player.

December 8 2017, 9:12 AM 

Stuart Broad is the worst cheat I have ever seen in any sport.last time in Australia he sliced a ball to 2nd slip and was caught out,the umpire (who I believe was Stevie Wonder)said not out and Australia had no DRS appeals left so the cheating B.....d didn't walk. he is the most disliked sportsman in my life,as bad as OJ Simpson.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk