<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fixtures 2018

November 19 2017 at 10:52 PM
littleoldme  (Login littleoldme.)

County Fixtures out November 28 and 29, with t20 Natwest Blast fixtures released Tuesday (the 28th) and other competitions out the very next day. Scarborough lovers can book up next Wednesday night once all the County Championship fixtures are announced!

Thanks, John. Much appreciated.

Alex, moderator
A Buchan

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Nov 19, 2017 11:10 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Fixtures 2018

November 20 2017, 11:15 AM 

I quess I should be thankful for very small mercies, but the T20 and RL50 fixtures should have been released 3 months ago, not 1 day before the CC. The groups are the same every year, both competitions are blocked, and the dates of the quarters etc were decided months ago, so they could have been finalised and published months ago.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Nov 20, 2017 11:21 AM

wibseysa
(Login wibseysa)

November 20 2017, 11:47 AM 

I hope the county championship fixtures are out before 1pm so we can book up for Scarborough, or we will be on a flight to Adelaide for the test match,

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

November 20 2017, 12:53 PM 

Why would they release the t20/50 over fixtures three months ago when last season was still in progress Stu?! This obsession with early fixtures really does baffle me, I don't even want to think about it untilMarch.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

November 20 2017, 12:57 PM 

Why not? Why do the T20 fixtures have to be 1 day before the rest, when they could be 3 months before the rest.

Not fussed personally when they are published but the punters who have to book holidays need them out asap, and every other sport manages to get their own out within two weeks of one season finishing.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Nov 20, 2017 1:01 PM

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

November 20 2017, 2:35 PM 

You mean sports such as football and rugby, which have much shorter off seasons? Cricket has a six month off season, hence the lack of urgency. I also doubt the t20 and 50 over fixtures could be finalised until the championship fixtures were added to the mix either, otherwise it would be a very cack handed way of approaching a project (said with work hat on). I doubt we'll agree on this!

(Login swfctyke)

November 20 2017, 3:42 PM 

I find the fixture announcement quite exciting, but usually wears off after 20 minutes when I realise it's ages away

(Login dpressed)

November 20 2017, 7:24 PM 

so at least the ECB have now shown what this think matters. Or is there any other reason why we have to wait a day longer before getting the real fixtures?

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

November 20 2017, 7:55 PM 

And we don't get the 2nd team fixtures until Feb and no doubt they'll be several weeks when 1st and 2nds are both at home!

Perhaps a small point but for regular watchers, surely it could be arranged to give the maximum cricket in the county for those who attend.

littleoldme
(Login littleoldme.)

Only t20

November 20 2017, 8:18 PM 

Only the t20 fixtures will be announced next Tuesday folks! You have to wait another day for the "other" fixtures.
A Buchan

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

November 21 2017, 2:42 PM 

Looking forward to seeing the fixtures as I'm booking accomadation in Manchester, Taunton & Worcester for 4 days each plus the 2 games at Scarborough.

wibseysa
(Login wibseysa)

November 22 2017, 7:30 AM 

Just found a link what time fixtures released T20 games 5pm on the 28th Nov,then 11am on the 29th for the county championship and 50 over game,I have one hour spare before my flight to Australia to book up the Scarborough games.

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

November 22 2017, 9:34 AM 

Stu - I agree with you that prompt fixtures are welcome.

However, it is not as simple as doing the T20 and RL50 Cup fixtures and announcing them way before the others.

During both those blocks, there are other considerations. First there will be a round of Championship matches in the middle of the T20 block, which may influence the staging of the T20 games around that time. Obviously these can't be worked out until it is known who is in which division.

Another thorny challenge is tour games. Obviously the visting countries will have a big say in these, and counties need to "jump" out of both the RL50 and T20 to play tour games. So the cup fixtures can't be set in stone until these are also finalised.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk