<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Photos: Adil and Brezzy

November 27 2017 at 7:36 PM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)
from IP address 94.1.105.252

https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/albums

I had hoped to get this done before leaving for Oz, but I've only got to 2015. No point rushing. This has proved quite a difficult task, trying to tie match stats and biographical details to existing photos, and putting the players' performances into context with Yorkshire and England.

If I have done this without making a mistake (or ten) it will be a miracle. If you spot anything factual let me know, please.

I will complete it on my return, then go through it all again to tidy up loose ends. Hard work, but fun, and what else is there to do in winter when you're 74?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Re: Photos: Adil and Brezzy

November 28 2017, 3:56 AM 

Hi quality stuff, Dave.

What camera(s) do you use?

Alex
""

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: Photos: Adil and Brezzy

November 28 2017, 11:38 AM 

Obviously the more recent photos are better, with Canon 40D body (which can now be obtained for around £100) + 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS lens for the close-up shots - quality, and not cheap, even second hand, though only a small fraction of the ones the pros use.

I also use a tiny Sony HX-60, which has a 30X zoom and gives good results, and is especially useful when ground authorities don't allow semi-pro equipment. I'm not even bothering to take my big zoom to Oz; no chance of getting it in.

It's good to have the opportunity to share the results with other enthusiasts, WRF and Corridor for the cricket fans, Flickr for the photographers as well, where I'm closing in on a million hits: currently 18,297 photos since I joined in 2012, and 990,165 hits, which works out at about 55 each.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk