Brian  (Login NewBrian)
from IP address 213.162.119.173

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Step up

December 13 2017, 1:49 PM 

It's a start but I'd prefer to hear that Root was prepared to stop up to bat at 3 as a statement of more positive intent.

Lew
(Login Lewis_116)

Re: Bairstow promoted

December 13 2017, 2:38 PM 

Sick of our top order being crud.

Cook Stoneman Root Bairstow

3 of our best batsmen in the top 4. Bring Foakes in at 6 or 7 to keep wicket.

We don't have many batsman, Bairstow is second only to Root. We cant keep playing him from 6 or 7. He could be similar to KP was with his style of play.

Bennyfishel
(Login Bennyfishel)

Bairstow's Dream

December 23 2017, 11:16 PM 

I have just read on another forum that Jonny Bairstow has said "This is now a two test series"
will someone please tell him that three tests have already been played and lost ( as far as he is concerned) losing 3 tests has obviously affected his brain and he isn't thinking straight,probably the hole team are thinking lop sided like he is.....Jonny you have been hammered in three tests, get your brain into gear.a crap side is a crap side no matter which way you look at it.

PS I am entitled to my criticism. I am a yorkshire expat from a long time ago.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

December 24 2017, 8:28 AM 

It will be the sports psychologists spouting this mantra to get the players to control the controllables in front of them as they can't change the past and the future is in their own destiny.....

But I agree Benny that comments like this and Stoneman saying australia are not the better team don't fool anyone

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

December 24 2017, 8:35 AM 

Far too much talking to the media, whether official or unofficial. How far this is required of modern players/coaches and how far they just drift into the online culture, I wouldn’t know, but only a small proportion of it is worth reading.

It’s hard for them to come up with anything worthwhile. When they’re winning we don’t object to the banalities but when they’re not, much of it reads really badly. Andrew Gale has had the same problem since around the middle of last season.

(Login Roundhegian)

December 24 2017, 8:53 AM 

If he replied "we lost the first three so we'll probably lose the next two as well" he'd get full marks for honesty but zero for positive thinking. In the 90s England often did well in dead matches and the Aussies might well be a little complacent having already achieved their main objective. 3-2, 3-1, 4-1 or 4-0 would all be better than 5-0.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

What can you say

December 24 2017, 12:23 PM 

Agree a lot of the England players sound pretty silly but what can you do.

You have to say nowt, which would be preferable, or spout positive rubbish.

I'd give a debut to Curran rather than Crane any day of the week.

If they do pick Crane and he proves me wrong, well I can live with that too.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

December 24 2017, 9:16 PM 

I didn't mind what Bairstow said but Anderson claiming Australia have no bowling depth is just daft. That is really going to sow seeds of doubt. Not!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk