<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Help...

January 4 2018 at 9:18 PM
AndyNowhere  (Login AndyNowhere)

When I saw Cook's score & manner of dismissal, it got me thinking. i found it odd that he was out LBW for 39. The reason being, I assume it is a manner of dismissal which (like being caught in the slips) is more frequent with a new ball or a batsmen who is establishing himself at the crease (I remember YJB being particularly prone to LBW in the first five overs before remodeling his technique - he would play across the line offering bowlers hope until he got his eye in and they started flying for four).

There must be correlation/causation between the types of dismissal & how long a batsman has been batting. Further factors would be pitch condition (I assume this not to be too much the case on a day one pitch), type of bowler, breaks, reverse swing etc.

Does anybody know if there has been any research/number crunching done? I tried Google but perhaps was phrasing the question wrong because i turned up nothing.

Thanks and a Happy New Yorkshire to you all xxx

Respond to this message   

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk