logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

Return to Index  

Nuts and Bolts.

January 7 2011 at 12:17 PM
  (Login haywire2)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 68.80.237.166

Response to Glenn........ you mean these things actually shoot?..............

I have all new Cothran Stainless parts for the final version. This particular gun is a prototype (mock up) based on a 2240 and weighs in at exacly 4 pounds and is 32" in length. The tube and breech (old screw location) are polished steel with a stainless bolt and handle made from parts of an old microphone stand. The barrel is a 14" Crosman (.177 cal) with new crown/leade. I don't think I'm going to use a barrel band since the Cothran Breech has two set screws for the barrel. With a Bruce Cox CLPS (can't leak port seal) the fit of the breech to the tube is excellent even using the new screw location. The wire stock and LDC are 6061 T6 Aluminum to help keep the weight down.

The valve is stock and the adjuster for the stock hammer spring is built into the shoulder stock. As configured it shoots Match Wadcutters from a low of about 600 to a high of about 620 fps - CPLs a little slower. The grip frame is factory (two screw) with a careful filing/sanding/polishing/buffing. The trigger and safety are from Cothran and this trigger is sweet.

I have a nice piece of highly figured Maple for the new stock/grips. That way the final version will have the same color, grain and figure characteristics.

Regards,
Michael Chavka

Success is not an entitlement.

This message has been edited by haywire2 from IP address 68.80.237.166 on Jan 7, 2011 2:22 PM

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486