Crosman999's Sheridan

Return to Index  

397 barrel and pump tube unsoldered and seperated

February 2 2011 at 12:48 AM

dan house  (Login dan_house)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 75.175.138.54

Sorry for the delay....

I had not intention of actually unsoldering the two, but an impromptu experiment of which is stronger, epoxy or solder (epoxy this time) left me with a partially removed barrel and bent breech/reciever. So in the interest of science and advancing the cause of airgunning, I finished what I started some time back and unsoldered the breech/barrel from the pump tube

Photobucket

">Photobucket

Please note the barrel to breech connection, the short bit of tube soldered in, and how the breech is curved to fit "flush on the pump tube.

I'm also guessing that they may have used solder paste, instead of soldering it like a plumbing joint.

I'm thinking a riser plate(3/16 or 1/4) between the two... could still use Phil's idea of a 22xx barrel he described earlier. Or maybe just use the stock barrel, cut it down some to allow shroun internals.....A barrel band or two is definitely in order.

The only gotchas adding a riser plate that leap to my subzero addled brain is the change in cocking pin geometry and the added dead space that must be filled by the aircharge to drive the pel down the barrel. Another thing may be how adding the riser and a shroud will change sight/scope mounting options

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
[linked image]
the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremecy

This message has been edited by dan_house from IP address 75.175.138.54 on Feb 2, 2011 12:57 AM
This message has been edited by dan_house from IP address 75.175.138.54 on Feb 2, 2011 12:50 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486