Okay, some of you may have remembered my post a few pages back about an idea I had for a product demo from Crosman that would make the rounds of some of our members here on the forum.
Well, things worked out, and we have our first item that will be sent out.....as soon as I finish playing with it!
Seriously, we have a 1701P Silhouette PCP pistol, .177 caliber, that will be available for several of our forum members to play with for a week. What I'd like to do is the following:
1. The recipient of the air gun must agree in advance to ship it to a new member at their cost, either by FedEx or UPS, and forward a tracking # to the forum administrator (me) as well as the new recipient who is waiting on the item. Please do not ship by any other method. Tracking is important!
2. Each recipient must agree to post some kind of review, either positive or negative, listing their likes and dislikes of the item being reviewed. This can be done either in written form, or with a video, it's up to you.
3. Time in hand....please do not keep the item for any longer than 7-10 days. I understand that work schedules prevent playing with the item as soon as possible, but we need to keep the item moving on to new members for further input.
4. Ammo....I will include some ammo in the first shipment, and hope that folks will not use every bit of it before sending it on to the next destination. If the item arrives without ammo, the new recipient is tasked with obtaining ammunition for their evaluation.
5. If the item disappears while in your possession, and you cannot provide a receipt of having shipped it on to the next person, or a police report detailing the circumstances of its loss, I will be sending you a bill for the item! Failure to pay for the item you lost will revoke your membership and posting privileges on the Crosman Forum. If the shipping company lost it, then you are in the clear.
6. You must leave the item in factory condition. No modding, no taking it apart. If something goes wrong with it, we'll return it to Crosman so they can evaluate the problem in an effort to fix any problems with production units before they happen.
#5 may sound a bit much, but if all goes well, we may have the opportunity to look at some more expensive items down the line. No guarantee of that, but we need to show that we are responsible individuals who are here to help Crosman and airgunning in general with our honest opinions, responsible handling of merchandise, and our inherent integrity and honesty when playing with toys that aren't ours!
For now, I need to reserve this program to US Residents only.
So, if you would be interested in having the 1701P Silhouette PCP visit your place in the coming weeks and months, please respond below AS WELL AS emailing me at the following address:
Here are a couple of pics:
Crosman Forum Owner