1377c - Was Leaking Down, now it isn't(sort of), does this make sense?!?!?March 16 2011 at 8:24 PM
|Tony (Login Trojan1994)|
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 18.104.22.168
My stock 1377c started leaking air on low pumps out the barrel with pistol cocked...so I took it apart, wiped some grime out of the valve and delrin/plastic seal. Noticed the cone shaped delrin seal was rough feeling, took some 1200 grit paper and light sanded it smooth, put it together...
Cocked gun and put a pump in, now its leaking louder and faster! Dumped the air and cocked it and started pumping again, at around #5 or #6 it stopped leaking out the barrel so I pumped it up to 10 and let it set for 10 minutes, dry fired it and it sounded louder than previous...
Cocked it and pumped it 15 times and let it set for another 10 minutes, dry fired and it was loud, now I cock it and give it 1 pump, no detectable leaking and holding that 1 pump of air for about 5 minutes but after 10minutes its leaked empty!
Any thoughts on what to do?
- Might have to much oil in the valve shoot it a few times. - Rob on Mar 16, 2011, 8:48 PM
- Could be that debris from the sanding prevented the valve... - Steve in NC on Mar 16, 2011, 10:03 PM
- Sounds like you need to spin the seal - CO222 on Mar 16, 2011, 11:56 PM
- Mine holds air on - Rich Woods on Mar 17, 2011, 10:05 AM
- i had something similar - eric on Mar 17, 2011, 3:18 PM
- 1377's hold one pump for over 48 hrs. - DS on Mar 19, 2011, 11:31 AM