So for about the last 24 months, I've had her on a serious diet. Now I am happy to
report that she lost nearly 13 ounces and is feeling so much better. And let me
say one thing, when I pick her up with one hand now she is light as a feather.
Well, almost a feather.
Things I have done so far:
OEM main tube was lightened by me.
Barrel is OEM and trimmed down by me.
Main tube plug is made of Delrin by me.
Gas cap is aluminum, comes from HPA and bored out by me.
Hammer is made from Delrin by me with a modified 1701P striker.
Valve is an aluminum Disco rear end with a brass Pro-Top by Anthony.
Trigger grip frame is aluminum by Bluefork Design and then hogged out by Gregg.
Front barrel band is aluminum, made by Anthony, drilled by Rich and milled by me.
getting everything locked down again was a pain. It took about 20minutes and a lot of cursing before I could catch a thread.
It is all back together and seems to be holding air. I did 5 dry fires to clear out the chamber and I ran 5 BBs through it. The BBs seemed to lack the power I remember the 310 having, but I'll give it a serious test tomorrow (wish I had a chronograph to verify things... gonna have to settle for penetration test using a phone book and a 2 liter filled with water) I've got 4 pumps in it now and I am going to leave it over night. Hopefully it is still charged when I get up tomorrow.
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member