logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

New (Crosman forum) member, 1377 story

April 25 2011 at 10:43 AM
  (Login Mack_T)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 70.36.147.8

I probably should have started with a backpacker instead, but my thoughts were maybe one day try my hand at pistol competition.

My bad shoulders had other ideas... especially after mildly modding my 1377 with a steel breech, the weight was too much for my shoulder(s). Bursitis caused stretched tendons, i.e. the one that holds up the arm... so it's too difficult to hold the pistol one-handed anymore.

[linked image]

Abandoning my plan for pistol competition, I've placed orders for some parts to make the pistol easier to shoot. I'll never give up! The list includes:
1399 shoulder stock
11.25" barrel/ 6.5" shroud
UTG/Leapers 4X32, adjustable objective bug buster scope

I think this is going to be a fun little gun once it's done, but I think it's going to look better in a more-tactical-all-black look. I haven't decided if I want to dye/paint the pump arm grip or get the backpacker grip for it. Does dyeing really work that well? I've searched & searched, and seen good recommendations on the process, but curious about the extreme longevity of the dye on the plastic.

The most difficult decision was barrel length. I kept thinking I wanted to keep it pretty short, and the shroud will butt-up against the end of the gun with the barrel length I ordered. I suppose if I want a bit more length later on it's easy enough to swap barrels...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486