logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

Doesn't Aluminium corrode in an odd kind of way?

October 2 2011 at 9:27 AM
Mark  (Login Specman)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 85.211.210.10

Response to I used aluminum

Excuse my ignorance but I only have limited experiences with Aluminium and I'm no engineer, however both were negative. The first I used a 3000kg climbing Karabina on the font end of a inflatable to secure a mooring rope. After a couple of days it snapped like toffee and was perforated like a tea bag! This was a brand new item!
The second, whilst in the diving business I owned an ex-Royal Navy Fleet Tender. It was a 180 ton steel vessel, however it had an aluminium bridge bolted to the steel deck. A gasket was used to keep the steel and aluminium apart and it was bolted with stainless bolts.

My concern would be moisture in the system corroding the aluminium and reacting with the tube and dis-similar metals.

Just something to consider. Wouldn't steel or stainless be a better option?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486