photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo americlps_zpsavfgvdau.jpg

Dag Evert's "American Classic"

As mentioned on the forum, heres a picture I took some time back, with natural winter daylight.
A 2100, and a 1377, both guns have been recrowned, and had their trigger parts shimmed for play,
contact surfaces stoned, and trigger springs somewhat reduced within safe limits.
The 2100 has had its barrel shimmed with tape to remove play.
Both guns give great accuracy for the money if they are given good pellets!
The combination of pellets and guns in the picture represents something close to my boyhood dreams:-)
-- Dag Evert

Return to Index  

I am finished!

October 17 2011 at 8:27 PM
kcatx  (Login kcurrie)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 173.37.200.9

Response to mods

Today my 2289 pump grip, Mellon Air power adjuster and 18" Mellon Air barrel arrived!
I pulled the 24" barrel off and installed all the new goodies.
After some initial problems with the power adjuster (basically I put the top screw in too far which impeded the spring) I was able to get it to dump almost all the air at 15 pumps.
Now with 10 pumps it does 550-562 fps with 14.3 grain pellets. So a high of 10.03 fpe.
With 15 pumps it was 596-613fps. High of 11.93 fpe.
So basically the power adjuster itself gave me a fpe increase even though I decreased the barrel length from 24" to 18".
Note I have a TKO muzzle brake on there as well which people say cuts 10-15 fps (never measured).

My transfer port seal could use some work as I noticed it's a bit bent from all my swapping and manhandling. It's actually a thin bit of (brass? copper?) tubing with some poly tube around it. I believe I got it from a Green forum member sometime ago-- I can't quite remember happy.gif I imagine if I replace it I'd gain a few fps.

The extra power is nice, but the biggest thing I noticed is that this thing is DEAD ON now! I always thought that 24" barrel wasn't the most accurate thing out there which was why I didn't keep it on a 2240 a few years back. The Mellon Air barrel shoots GREAT!

Other than maybe tweaking the transfer port itself and the seal, I think I'm done-- the gun shoots great, is quiet and with the 2289 pump handle is much more comfortable to pump.

Thanks everybody for the advice.

Respond to this message   

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are soley the opinion of the individual member