photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

Return to Index  

more or less anticipated the issues

February 12 2012 at 6:19 PM
chuck  (Login charlie9g)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 67.189.192.161

Response to 10 months in... (long)

it's going to need a barrel. i'm going to fab up a single shot tray out of wood. the magazine might work well and all but i would likely shoot it more single shot.
it is a substantial piece and more in line with a mini carbine setup. i am going to shoot it without the butt stock and with a large rifle scope so either a taco hold, or shot across folded arms. i'm a rifle guy so will be happy with a midget rifle.
i want a brit style gun and would have been happy to get the full sized marauder rifle but the pistol seems to shoot more naturally in the non FAC power levels. the whole thing about this piece has me going, it's a pistol sort of but more of a carbine and suited to shoot at 10-15 fpe. it could make a nice stealth piece that could be carried in a pack and allow some discreet sniping while on walks where tramping around with a rifle on a sling might raise eyebrows.
i might get extraordinarily lucky and get a great barrel but sort of doubt it will happen. i'd be willing to pop for an l/w but wonder if a cut down marauder rifle barrel or something would also work. crosman has done something very strange and mysterious with these barrels and it may be the way they have choked them. ?

small caliber joy

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486