photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

Return to Index  

Custom shop 2400 carbine showed up today.....

February 13 2012 at 7:24 PM
VAF  (Login VAFarmer)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 66.37.82.1

but the only kudos I can give it are that it is INCREDIBLY light....

and it MAY want to group.

Opened the box, looked the gun over, and right away noticed that the front sight is canted off to the left, badly. Like, 11:30 badly. No amount of windage adjust is gonna fix it, the sight is gonna have to be torqued.

Do these move easily?

I put a cheap 4x on it, just to see if it would group, before I called customer service.....but unfortunately, got the 2 priming shots out, and then shot 2 (which went in darn near the same hole) but then lost the rest of my cart out the barrel. Removed the spent one, looked down the tube with a flashlight....didnt see anything that looked abnormal, or like trash. So loaded a second, got 2 prime shots, and then lost the cart thru the barrel again. Tried a third, same result.

So now I sit, waiting to hear back from customer service... happy.gif and I cant stop thinking...the valve,meh....I can see that happening. But the sight....how does that make it past QC? I've got a nice little certificate...that LOOKS to be signed and dated.
Was packed nice, and no damage to the box....doesnt look like a shipping issue.

Anyway, although disappointed initially, once the issues are ironed out....I am CERTAIN that this gun is gonna float the boat. I cannot believe the weight. IF I can get it to 650 or so with normal weight .22's, or get roughly 12+ fpe out of it, I'm gonna be happy. These are supposed to be very accurate. Top that off with some elbow grease and a HIPAC, and this is a d0-it-all gun...LOVE guns like that.

God bless,

Farmer

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486