logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

Crosman Marlin Cowboy in action

February 18 2012 at 3:15 PM

Ben  (Login Cowboy_fan)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 71.20.108.173

I just uploaded a video tohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnLlzI8xfiw that demonstrates the accuracy of the Crosman LAM 350 "Marlin Cowboy" alongside the Daisy 1938b "Red Ryder." Please have a look and leave a comment on youtube.

In a continuous and unedited clip, I go 6 for 6 shooting the Cowboy at a classic #2 pencil from 15 feet. Admittedly, they're not all destructive/direct hits. But, the pencil moves with every nick and is split twice in the 6 shot sequence.

I posted the video in response to a couple comments I read online in which the reviewer completely misses the target and/or shoots a poorly spread grouping, then says the gun has an accuracy problem. I saw or read about them shooting offhand, outdoors, in poor light, etc. and some even admit their eyes aren't that good anymore or they may have flaws in their marksmanship.

My thought was that pencil killing is more interesting than paper target groups, so maybe there'd be more views. And, since I did/do not have a nice rest handy and lever-action spring airguns would be slow to demonstrate on one anyway...I decided to shoot from a convenient position that is a tad more stable than offhand. I'm shooting from the kitchen counter to the laundry room in my house, leaning sideways into the counter with my elbows on it. I called it semi-supported.

Besides cans, golf balls on tees and pencils (my current favorite), what other objects do you plink by pellet or BB?

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486