photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo americlps_zpsavfgvdau.jpg

Dag Evert's "American Classic"

As mentioned on the forum, heres a picture I took some time back, with natural winter daylight.
A 2100, and a 1377, both guns have been recrowned, and had their trigger parts shimmed for play,
contact surfaces stoned, and trigger springs somewhat reduced within safe limits.
The 2100 has had its barrel shimmed with tape to remove play.
Both guns give great accuracy for the money if they are given good pellets!
The combination of pellets and guns in the picture represents something close to my boyhood dreams:-)
-- Dag Evert

Return to Index  

BB guns are funny about accuracy

February 19 2012 at 2:04 PM

Craig  (Login Craig3R)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 74.235.71.224

Response to Crosman Marlin Cowboy in action

Your video was interesting, thanks for posting.

I myself do not have a Marlin because of the reports you speak of, but I did once have a Red Ryder. Notice the word - DID. It's gone now, in the trash because 10 shot groups looked like shotgun patterns. I believe it is the luck of the draw on some BB guns. Combine that with offhand shooting and other factors and anything can happen. You got a good one, and you obviously can shoot well, the results speak for themselves. In Daisy's defense, I have a few of their vintage BB guns that were made for target shooting, the 99 series (99, 299, 499) the Marlin wouldn't stand a chance in a head to head competition. But then again - that is comparing apples and oranges. I'd like to see several (of any brand) BB gun from different production lots clamped in a vice and shot for accuracy. Just to see what would really happen.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are soley the opinion of the individual member