photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo americlps_zpsavfgvdau.jpg

Dag Evert's "American Classic"

As mentioned on the forum, heres a picture I took some time back, with natural winter daylight.
A 2100, and a 1377, both guns have been recrowned, and had their trigger parts shimmed for play,
contact surfaces stoned, and trigger springs somewhat reduced within safe limits.
The 2100 has had its barrel shimmed with tape to remove play.
Both guns give great accuracy for the money if they are given good pellets!
The combination of pellets and guns in the picture represents something close to my boyhood dreams:-)
-- Dag Evert

Return to Index  

Problem or not ?

February 29 2012 at 7:10 AM
ged  (Login gedfinn)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 86.151.19.179

Response to Avoiding that particular calamity is the purpose of the "spacer" in...

Hi guy,s , Whilst I asked for your input, I didn,t expect so much negativety ?

First off, The drawing is wrong on a number of " Salient " Counts.
First off the centre section is missing ?
This -[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Its important because its drilled 3mm betwix the 2, pistons & 4mm on the outlet ( Adjustable by volume )

Secondly , If it had 2, Pulleys, Where would I put the barrel, ( The pulley would be at the top )
It has " 1 " Pulley, & this guides the wire between the foremost spring , Retracting the piston from the centre ,

I might add also that there is no " Slave Piston " ?
Both are equal in length & Weight ,Both contribute equally to output ,

I was a little annoyed at the suggestion that ( A ) the strength of the cable was inadequate & ( B ) More so that it could break on the first shot !!!! ( Where does that come from )Thats negative in the first instance with no prior knowledge !!!!
Has anyone made one before to this design ? ( Thats why I chose it )
I could have gone, Chain/Gears Etc But thats allready been done ! I have both available.

This is my take on the question ( Rightly or Wrongly )

If you had a standard springer, This was cocked & fired without a pellet, It would slam into the transfer port at full force ?
This is not quite correct ?
The size of the transfer port, Lets say 3mm, would rapidly slow the piston down due to the compressing air, Hitting it, " Maybe "
But not with the devastation of if it was 1/2 INCH transfer port IE, It was cushioned ?

Back to my gun ! So lets assume that both pistons, Equal in weight/Stroke Etc are fired !
That pressurised & Exothermicaly enhanced volume between them, halts/Or even knocks back the 2, pistons ?
Lets also assume that there is a little slack in the cable, This is the key ! " What happens next "

Well the above threads seem to indicate that this pressurised volume of air ( That is holding the pistons apart ) Vanishes " Instantly " Into the Ether,
This would leave a vacuum ?
This is NOT The case.

As in any springer, The piston bounce,( If it occurs )
Holds back the piston momentarily, & Then the weight of the spring continues pushing & " SLOWLY " Expulses the comressed air , Against the pellet & Transfer port size !
Time dependant on calibre & Transfer port size.

This is an Millisec process , But not instant, If it were, Springers would last 10 shots Max ?

As Allways, Its never been tried before, Don,t fix it unless its broken , Suck it & See ?
This same question could easily be overcome by a springer arrangement to take up the slack
PS, I don,t get paid for this, Ha ha, Ged Shooting soon !

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are soley the opinion of the individual member