So for about the last 24 months, I've had her on a serious diet. Now I am happy to
report that she lost nearly 13 ounces and is feeling so much better. And let me
say one thing, when I pick her up with one hand now she is light as a feather.
Well, almost a feather.
Things I have done so far:
OEM main tube was lightened by me.
Barrel is OEM and trimmed down by me.
Main tube plug is made of Delrin by me.
Gas cap is aluminum, comes from HPA and bored out by me.
Hammer is made from Delrin by me with a modified 1701P striker.
Valve is an aluminum Disco rear end with a brass Pro-Top by Anthony.
Trigger grip frame is aluminum by Bluefork Design and then hogged out by Gregg.
Front barrel band is aluminum, made by Anthony, drilled by Rich and milled by me.
It does have the BB loading ramp. My CO2 piercing screw is a cylindrical headed bolt with a split keyring through it, probably someone's previous repair of a broken thumb tab. Works fine.
I replaced the seals in this gun a few years ago, with parts that were still available back then from Crosman. I don't remember much about the process, except that it took me several tries to get it back together and functioning. Kinda like working on a Cr 357; lots of parts that go boing and disappear across the room.
One thing I DID learn: if the gun suffers from BB mis-feeds and hang-ups in the magazine, it is probably due to bumps/knocks on the top of the action, and/or overtightening of the mating screws. In either case, the mis-feed problem can be solved by very careful use of a flat-blade srewdriver. Just insert it in the magazine observation slot, and open it up ever so slightly.
This forum is not affiliated with the Crosman Corporation in any way// Information presented in this forum is intended for informational purposes only; use at your own risk//Posts made to this forum are solely the opinion of the individual member