Box ( er.... plastic shrink ) stock 2240 ?April 29 2012 at 4:12 PM
|Curt (Login curt44319)|
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 22.214.171.124
Came with a ridiculously rough trigger, so the first hour I was already modifying that.
Probably blew the warranty ?
Anyhow, with absolutely no "power mods" and shooting Crosman Premier 14.3 grain pellets, an acoustical cronograph shows an average of around 317 feet per second.
I've seen a high of 388, and a low of 241 ( usually the first shot ) but never anything close to the advertised claimed 460.
Is there some ultra-light pellet that does produce 460, or have I got a defective piece ?
Should also note that the first powerlet took six shots to pierce, and the second ( the one in it now ) took an astounding 46 shots to pierce the powerlet.
It seems to me that something's rotten in Denmark, but I could be wrong.
What's your experience with a stock 2240 and Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum pellets on a 70 degree spring day ?
This gun is also surprisingly quiet compared to the reviews. ( a not unpleasant surprise )
- sounds like your tightening the cap down - buster on Apr 29, 2012, 5:07 PM
- At some point.... - Glenn Davis on Apr 29, 2012, 8:17 PM
- Here is some shot string's - Anthony R on Apr 30, 2012, 12:20 PM
- Re: Box ( er.... plastic shrink ) stock 2240 ? - Curt on Apr 30, 2012, 2:29 PM
- Don't know. Didn't... - airgunandy on May 1, 2012, 9:56 AM
- A resolution, sorta... - Curt on May 3, 2012, 5:03 PM