photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

Return to Index  

Old Streak Restore - what would you do?

May 3 2012 at 5:50 PM

Bill S.  (Login tripleguy)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 107.8.157.241

I have a late 50s Streak to restore and I'd like opinions. The good: Wood should refinish nicely, it's an older post Supergrade version with tapered pump handle, straight bolt, crew cut receiver. The bad: someone, for reasons I can only imagine, cut about an inch from the barrel/front sight. In the process, or something, there is barrel separation that I will need to fix. It only goes back 10 inches or so, so at least I'm not going to be soldering near the valve. My question is, how would you approach this?

I will be able to get the wood to look great. It only suffers from a loss of finish and old tape residue where some previous owner taped down the thumb safety. Talk about a nice mod! I was thinking about all I can to with the barrel is solder it up good and rework the cut off portion a bit and put a good crown on it. Obviously it won't be as desirable as a stock gun, but I think with new seals, it will shoot pretty good. I'll fix the rear sight too - the backwards look isn't becoming or very functionaly. I'll post this on the Vintage site too for more opinions. Thanks!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

"but I'll be needin' that gun, fer squirrels and such."

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486