photo toplogo1_zps46807118.jpg

photo ef7e91f7-efed-4c80-9d93-6fb3d862a8cc_zps0bafaaa9.jpg

Barry McGee's Custom 2300

Cothrane stainless tube, left handed breech, power adjuster,
Lothar 10" barrel, H.P.A.sports co2 cap, Clague ldc,1701 trigger group,
Stace trigger, Rick Andres grips and a Mueller quick shot reflex sight.

Return to Index  

my 392 muzzle adaptor

May 13 2012 at 11:31 PM

Trev  (Login Dnadnnoid)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 98.232.166.154

i made this over the past couple days following phils little tutorial for a 392 / 397 LDC muzzle brake adaptor thingy seen hehttp://www.network54.com/Forum/275684/thread/1270153289/Benji+39x+muzzle+break-LDC+adapter+tutorial+%28pics%29-

i couldn't find any pipe in the right dimensions so i went on ebay and got some brass stock for about 40 dollars. i figured i'd need to make at least three because i have 2 benjis and i would screw up the first one (and i did)

i have only a drill press so hollowing out the round bar was tough at first and i ruined the first attempt. the second one i almost screwed up but was able to just cut off the section i ruined and still had enough for it to work. getting it centered was the problem. im going to use a lathe to make the next one. i used a 11/32 drill bit and it fits over the barrel absolutely perfectly

i took pictures as i went along:

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]
i used a dremel tool to file down and cut this part
i used a 8-32 screw on the front. i was going to do two like phils guide but once i tightened in the first i didnt want to drill the second hole in the front cap and risk drilling into the top roll pin hole (i didnt want burrs in there) one screw holds it just fine
i really like the end result after grinding it down and polishing. i think it'd be cool to cut a dovetail on top of it to fit a globe sight.
i showed it to my girlfriend and she couldnt believe i actually made it. she said she'd never be able to tell it wasnt actually part of the gun if i hadnt told her happy.gif im actually quite proud of it and i learned that working with metal cut be very relaxing. ive never felt so focused. i brought a beer into the shop with me and totally forgot about it for like 4 hours.. normally im taking a drink every 5 minutes XD

DNADNNOID

This message has been edited by Dnadnnoid from IP address 98.232.166.154 on May 13, 2013 1:35 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486