logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

Pumpers

May 22 2012 at 6:55 AM
Curt  (Login curt44319)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 66.181.110.200

Response to Brainstorming on the rebirth of pumpers

The limitation from forever, is diminishing returns.
Much higher pressures are possible, with many more pumps.
Higher volume likewise, also with many more pumps.
Reducing pumping effort, with more pumps, and more loss, so even more pumps.
Fewer pumps, but with much more pumping effort.

All of these can be done, and are, but at what point does one simply decide it just isn't worth it ?

A stock Crosman is probably already at 90% or better of what might be done, so how much can be accomplished beyond that ? At what cost ? ( cost including both $$ and effort )

Just a guess, but I'd expect about the best that could be imagined would be a PCP with it's own built-in recharge pump, such that one could either pre-charge from a bottle, or pump it 1000 strokes, and then settle for a half dozen or so re-charge pumps per shot.

My favorite, and much to my surprise, has become my 1322.
It can develop close to 15 foot pounds impact energy at 40 feet with 18 pumps or so, but it gets shot with typically two pumps at 40 feet for targets.
I know I can get more out, but with more in. At what point does one just say "enough" ??

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486