logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

Ring, ring...

May 22 2012 at 9:28 AM
Phil  (Login Duane30)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 74.140.196.166

Response to One Green member has been discussing the 1400/1377 hybrid with me

Hey! Oh, so THAT'S how it is now. Cannot even mention my name. wink.gif

Sure enough, works like a charm. When I did it, the 1400 was and probably is the only gun in the retired Crosman lineup that uses such a long stroke. Modern examples of long stroke guns are the 2200/2100 based tube variants.

Use a long steel breech, the barrel floats the entire length. Simple modfication to the front plug. Few other modifications to do that really are not that invasive. A "kitchen table" project if it ad to be. A steady hand goes a long way when using hand tools.

Wish I still had pictures of the build process and final result... Actually, there are a few left.

Here is the 2260 trigger pack mounted up:
[linked image]

This shows the shot of the internals through the slot (edit: not internals, but the sear):
[linked image]

The rear of the tube will need to be trimmed down so the 1377 end plug works. You can use the 1377 front plug/barrel band if you trim the front down too.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

This message has been edited by Duane30 from IP address 74.140.196.166 on May 22, 2012 9:30 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486