logo by smgunner

Dean's HiPac 2240

Tactical Trijicon ACOG TA01 Style 4x32 Cross Sight Rifle Scope + Kill Flash
TROBB Solid Aluminium Dovetail Power Block with Gmac hollow probe and G-mac Bolt
Gmac Brass Power Adjuster Spring And Guide/Drilled Out Standard Valve For more air space
Hammer Mods//Gmac 30% Lighter valve Spring/Gmac Brass Safety Catch//Transfer port drilled out
Full Gmac Trigger kit/Gmac barrel cut to 9inch/Weihrauch Silencer/Custom Home Made Grips/
New TRACER LEDRAY GL2 LAMP 90m Range Beam//HI-Pac

Return to Index  

"....that's why it hasn't really changed over a hundred years or whatever "...this is not

May 25 2012 at 7:45 PM
scot laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 24.17.160.61

Response to Re: i think its already come full circle..and not much else will

an accurate statement. The debounced striker/ AC concept, that DOUBLES pump gun efficiency, is less than ten years old.

Who's to say there isn't another major improvement in efficiency waiting for some clever guy to find and exploit?

Personally, I'd be just fine with 20 ft/lbs from 4 or 5 easy pumps, in a reasonably quiet, compact and light two shot repeater. Fitted with a low power setting (for starling, rats, and plinking) such a gun would handle 90% of my airgun tasks.You can buy this basic gun right now, minus the repeater option, and set up for 12 ft/lbs. The rest is detail work.

There's still some efficiency waiting to be uncovered in the 392 platform..for me, the toughest puzzle has been trying to combine classic, sleek looks and high pump leverage.

This message has been edited by classicalgas from IP address 24.17.160.61 on May 25, 2012 7:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486