logo by smgunner

Crosman999's Sheridan

Return to Index  

"....that's why it hasn't really changed over a hundred years or whatever "...this is not

May 25 2012 at 7:45 PM
scot laughlin  (Login classicalgas)
Crosman Forum Member
from IP address 24.17.160.61

Response to Re: i think its already come full circle..and not much else will

an accurate statement. The debounced striker/ AC concept, that DOUBLES pump gun efficiency, is less than ten years old.

Who's to say there isn't another major improvement in efficiency waiting for some clever guy to find and exploit?

Personally, I'd be just fine with 20 ft/lbs from 4 or 5 easy pumps, in a reasonably quiet, compact and light two shot repeater. Fitted with a low power setting (for starling, rats, and plinking) such a gun would handle 90% of my airgun tasks.You can buy this basic gun right now, minus the repeater option, and set up for 12 ft/lbs. The rest is detail work.

There's still some efficiency waiting to be uncovered in the 392 platform..for me, the toughest puzzle has been trying to combine classic, sleek looks and high pump leverage.

This message has been edited by classicalgas from IP address 24.17.160.61 on May 25, 2012 7:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

Crosman Corporation 1-800-724-7486